Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plastics who work in Brighton

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I said to my boys on Saturday "you ready, we're off?", youngest walks in with a Utd shirt on! "you can't wear that!" I said and off he goes and gets his new Albion shirt on. I told him, "don't worry, you can wear the Utd one next Sunday when we go to Wembley". :thumbsup::whistle:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I said to my boys on Saturday "you ready, we're off?", youngest walks in with a Utd shirt on! "you can't wear that!" I said and off he goes and gets his new Albion shirt on. I told him, "don't worry, you can wear the Utd one next Sunday when we go to Wembley". :thumbsup::whistle:

Oh dearie, dearie me.....

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I got asked if I was "looking forward to a footballing lesson" last week from a guy at work who had never mentioned Spurs or even Football before.

Asked him how many times he'd been to WHL. "Oh I've never been there; only supported them a year". That was the end of that.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I remember a guy from Brighton I knew made the enormous change and social upheaval... of swapping his ardent support from Liverpool... to West Ham. Granted I don't know if there was a family connection or whatever but my point stands I think it's a good one = :facepalm:

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
i always ask people if they follow a team, if they say yes *********, i then ask r u a armchair fan or supporter!!!

i find alway puts them in there place

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I hate it when people's reason for supporting a Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal etc is ".... because my dad/grandad/uncle/auntie did". Support your local team!!

Heres a scenario for you - If you moved out of Brighton to Nottingham, for example, if you had a child would you expect them to grow up supporting Forest/County or Brighton? When you put it like that, its not such a easy answer!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
i always ask people if they follow a team, if they say yes *********, i then ask r u a armchair fan or supporter!!!

i find alway puts them in there place

I said to my boys on Saturday "you ready, we're off?", youngest walks in with a Utd shirt on! "you can't wear that!" I said and off he goes and gets his new Albion shirt on. I told him, "don't worry, you can wear the Utd one next Sunday when we go to Wembley".

That will be a supporter then!:wave::smile:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I hate it when people's reason for supporting a Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal etc is ".... because my dad/grandad/uncle/auntie did". Support your local team!!

Heres a scenario for you - If you moved out of Brighton to Nottingham, for example, if you had a child would you expect them to grow up supporting Forest/County or Brighton? When you put it like that, its not such a easy answer!

But over time just as some Palace have emigrated south-so-the grand children will support their local team..............Sussex is a great place to live,but even Palace followers in Sussex have to admit,one day,their childrens,children will support the Albion.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

This is a good question.

I grew up in Littlehampton and hence support Brighton. I now live in Wolverhampton. So, if I have kids, should they support my team (Brighton), the local team (Wolves) or someone else?

If you wanted to further complicate things, my other half is a Wolves fan, and we go every now and again (4-6 games/season) to see Wolves play. My other half's Dad is a Manchester United fan and goes to Old Trafford once or twice a season. I go to see Brighton between 4 and 10 times a season - mostly away games, depending on work, finance and where in the country I happen to be.

If my situation stayed the same, and I had kids, they are going to be damn confused when they pick a football team!

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This is a good question.

I grew up in Littlehampton and hence support Brighton. I now live in Wolverhampton. So, if I have kids, should they support my team (Brighton), the local team (Wolves) or someone else?

They should support Wolves

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I share a house with three guys. One born in Brighton (and has been to many of the matches home and away with his Brighton supporter friend) but claims his number one team is Man Utd. I laugh at him constantly when he talks about Man Utd. Another guy from Dublin who claims to support Everton. I had to ask him why not one of the 'big four' rather facetiously.

The other one from Lewes also 'supports' Man Utd but also looks out for Lewes results.

The one thing that is common is that they're all interested in how Brighton are getting on - stadium, team, results etc.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I disagree strongly with this. For fourteen years I lived in the football wilderness of Liverpool :) I watched Albion matches often if they were appearing in the northwest our midlands and as my boys grew up a little they caught my enthusiasm. They loved their uncle who plied them with shirts and other memorabilia. Unusually for lads in that area they were not sucked in by Liverpool or Everton. They were influenced by my family connections, my own support and made their own choice known. How can that be wrong? They experienced Withdean in all it's glory and I promised them season tickets for our wonderful new home. I am sure that if we still lived up north then they would be die-hard Brighton fans like their dad.

I can understand frustration at local people though who choose their club primarily on the basis of success and never go to a match. But as someone already said, these type of people are not really football fans.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
if u move then yes no probes if children end up supporting either parents team or home town. This however is completely different to choosing a random team based on success.

it was on another thread. someone posted they heard two lads (14ish) at a bus stop at newhaven. they were discussing football and one said to the other "u cant be a proper man u fan as u don't have sky sports" cringe worthy

these r the type of fans i can not stand

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
I said to my boys on Saturday "you ready, we're off?", youngest walks in with a Utd shirt on! "you can't wear that!" I said and off he goes and gets his new Albion shirt on. I told him, "don't worry, you can wear the Utd one next Sunday when we go to Wembley".

That will be a supporter then!:wave::smile:

does once a year count? i go to the dentist that often!!!:fishing:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

My children have never lived in Brighton, but they all support Brighton (come to matches with me, wear Brighton shirts)...in fact my sons best mate who plays for Cardiff City U9's also supports Brighton.......I wonder how that happened :lolol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I would love to see Brighton like Newcastle, where on a saturday everybody seems to be in Black and White stripes whether they go to the games or not.There are not many "big Four " shirts to be seen there,i Know in the pre-Keegan days, they were'nt as keen but TBF they were awful and people love success.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Can be a problem with your Kids when you live away from Sussex. Both my lads were born and lived for over 20 years in Suffolk. We often went to Portman road especially in the Bobby Robson era. They were swept up through schools into the Ipswich Town Fan Base. We also went to the Goldstone and Albion away matches. Both lads now support Albion and Ipswich. Both now live away from Sussex. I think their number 1 team is Ipswich but they probably would not dare admit that to me!

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Living in Canada I love when I am out and I end up talking to one of the many Man U fans on this continent and eventually it leads to them saying "So who do you support?" and I respond with "Aston Villa" which is followed by a blank stare of them trying to figure out who the hell I am talking about. Sometimes followed by "Why not Manchester United"" but more often than not its "Who are they?" The best is when Man U are playing VIlla and I get to point out their stupidity by saying you know the team playing Man U this weekend?.....not a clue

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
on holiday is a mecca for stupid question, if asked what team u support, and u say Brighton, this can oftern be followed with what ur premier league team is, to which i say do not know whats ur div 2 football team. they always look blankly!!

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Bunch of wankers,the lot of them,they always manage to dredge up some tenuous link to justify the reason to "support " some bunch of overpaid tossers hundreds of f***ing miles away,and then have the front to take the piss out of me for supporting a "small" club,but might go and watch Brighton when the new ground is built,wankers! And the worst of it is, they seem to think they are more knowledgeable about football than you because you only support a Championship side,f***ing hell....I think I am going to throw up..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here