Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plastics who work in Brighton

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Anyway-this modern term "plastic" i've always known them as "The floating support" or "Butterflies"............

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What pisses me off a little is all the ***** that used to tell me 'Brighton are shit' at school were all at the bloody stadium on Saturday! Frustrating but I guess people mature and thankfully theyve seen the light. If we want to become a big club we need to welcome them.

My only issue is when I meet someone who supports a team they don't go to see. It's obvious straight away they have no idea what theyre talking about so I tend to take the piss. They don't like it, but they've got no answers.

I do however know an Arsenal fan that watches every game though streams. He knows what he is talking about and can name pretty much any player past or present - and even pops along to youth matches. He hasn't missed one in years and yet can only afford to go to the Emerites 3 or 4 times a year because it's so damn expensive. That's a shame.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
What pisses me off a little is all the ***** that used to tell me 'Brighton are shit' at school were all at the bloody stadium on Saturday! Frustrating but I guess people mature and thankfully theyve seen the light. If we want to become a big club we need to welcome them.

My only issue is when I meet someone who supports a team they don't go to see. It's obvious straight away they have no idea what theyre talking about so I tend to take the piss. They don't like it, but they've got no answers.

I do however know an Arsenal fan that watches every game though streams. He knows what he is talking about and can name pretty much any player past or present - and even pops along to youth matches. He hasn't missed one in years and yet can only afford to go to the Emerites 3 or 4 times a year because it's so damn expensive. That's a shame.

I hope that this will become less and less as time goes by....we have a good starting point and if the whole of the East stand was full of kids(even if they wear Prem shirts to begin with) it would not bother me-funny it would have at the Goldstone but times have changed we need and think we are doing everything in our power to encourage the youngsters back in their droves-they are the future.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I hope that this will become less and less as time goes by....we have a good starting point and if the whole of the East stand was full of kids(even if they wear Prem shirts to begin with) it would not bother me-funny it would have at the Goldstone but times have changed we need and think we are doing everything in our power to encourage the youngsters back in their droves-they are the future.

I agree. It was good to see that all the kids around us in the east on saturday who wore footie tops were bedizened in Albion colors.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
What I don't understand is the number of people who are born in the city, and still live here, but still abuse the Albion and have some sort of chip on their shoulder about the team. I mean, come on everyone in the city should support the team!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I agree. It was good to see that all the kids around us in the east on saturday who wore footie tops were bedizened in Albion colors.

The more the merrier-think there will always be Premiership followers but hopefully less and less and after all,once they have been to Falmer unlike Withdean,this will/should be enough to tempt them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You should spend your energy into re-educating them and take them to a Brighton game. The love will soon come.
Good point. Explain that football isn't about 'supporting' a team by watching them on tv, encourage them to come and support the Albion, and you never know, they could become true fans of our club. And if it inspires them to go to see 'their' London club instead, that's still better than them never going.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
What I don't understand is the number of people who are born in the city, and still live here, but still abuse the Albion and have some sort of chip on their shoulder about the team. I mean, come on everyone in the city should support the team!

If only-the Majority don't follow football....anywhere

Oct 25, 2003

i know what you mean, i know several people who are born & bred in brighton & hove, but don't support the albion and instead seem to rejoice in any failures by us.........really don't understand it.......i could understand if they supported palace, but they don't

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have absolutely no interest in anything Premier League whatsoever. I find the games boring to watch
Who are you going to support the season after this?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Who are you going to support the season after this?

You seriously believe we will get promotion this season? You been on the sherberts? Seriously, this may sound awful but obviously I would still go to matches, just feel that money has taken over the Premier League and unless we spent say £20million we would have no hope of staying up. As soon as you get promotion to Prem you can add another £5m on every player you are linked with. I just prefer the quality of football in the "lower" divisions.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You seriously believe we will get promotion this season? You been on the sherberts? Seriously, this may sound awful but obviously I would still go to matches, just feel that money has taken over the Premier League and unless we spent say £20million we would have no hope of staying up. As soon as you get promotion to Prem you can add another £5m on every player you are linked with. I just prefer the quality of football in the "lower" divisions.

I'd snatch promotion straight away-but it's difficult even with Falmer...and is so so all about the money but we don't have to pay it to compete

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

The Auctioneer

Jun 24, 2011
I tend to agree. I also believe that the Championship and lower leagues are more competitive. How many teams could possibly win this league(Championship) compared to how many teams could win the Premier?
Yes I know there are more teams in this division........than

Last edited:

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
I tend to agree. I also believe that the Championship and lower leagues are more competitive. How many teams could possibly win this league(Championship) compared to how many teams could win the Premier?
Yes I know there are more teams in this division........than

Exactly my thoughts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here