Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plastics who work in Brighton

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That is of course true, but it is frustrating to see them act as though they have followed the club through thick and thin. One bad season and they'll forget all about the Albion again.

I suppose the hope is that for some at least, it turns into a life-long addiction, as it has for us!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Between the so called Plastics and JCL's i'm beginning to wonder what criteria a person has to meet before they can be classed as a proper football supporter?

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Between the so called Plastics and JCL's i'm beginning to wonder what criteria a person has to meet before they can be classed as a proper football supporter?

Hahaha agree. I think you have to have been supporting Brighton for at least 75 years, with a STH for 70 of those years, or be called Bozza!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I blame R.Murdoch and all the evil people at Sky. :timmy:

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I was in my local when the replay v FCUM at Gigg Lane was on the goggler. Two screens with the Albion on and one round the back of the bar showing the Arsenal game in Europe. There was about 20 blokes watching our game and 3 blokes watching the Arsenal, one of them even said "Why isn't this game on the big screen?"

Cheeky coont got short thrift from the landlord and just about escaped a size 9 up the jacksie

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be honest i dont believe anyone would be stupid enough to say that.

Believe me it happened to me ALOT. To be fair generally when I was younger, tho still happens even now.

I was on holiday in Malta this year and there was a Man Utd fan who asked me that question. He would have been about mid 40s.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This. Once i find out they never go to watch there team play i simply lose interest in talking to them.

I feel the same, even to the extent that I got on better with a Palace fan and a Pompey fan where I used to work!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Believe me it happened to me ALOT. To be fair generally when I was younger, tho still happens even now.

I was on holiday in Malta this year and there was a Man Utd fan who asked me that question. He would have been about mid 40s.
He's a cock of the first order then !! A bloke at my new office is a "big" chelsea fan, american , in his 40s , they are just the type of people who have ruined the atmosphere at the bridge.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I have absolutely no interest in anything Premier League whatsoever. I find the games boring to watch and the money amongst the top 5 or 6 have ruined the game completely. Give me a FL game every time. !

Agreed, and yet I still desperately want us to get there ourselves. Maybe it's because we have never been in the premier league that a lot of us find it repulsive or are we just jealous? If we get there I'm sure I will it embrace it as the promised land.

Curly5194

Jun 20, 2011
Horsham
Agreed, and yet I still desperately want us to get there ourselves. Maybe it's because we have never been in the premier league that a lot of us find it repulsive or are we just jealous? If we get there I'm sure I will it embrace it as the promised land.

You see I'm not sure I would. Yes I would still go but I feel we would just be a (small) part of a very large financial marketing strategy. Just takes away the enjoyment slightly.

huge

Mar 23, 2011
I am working in Brighton for the first time in years . I am gobsmacked at the amount of plastic Premier League 'fans'

We have two Chelsea one from Telscombe the other Hollingdean Brighton both around 30, who admit to going to the Bridge once and never respectively. All kinds of Chelsea paraphernalia on their desks and screen savers.

And also one particularly odious Arsenal 'fan' complete with enanamel Arsenal badge on a silver chain. Lives in Hove about my age and was brought up he told me on Bristol Estate.

Asked him where do you normally sit at the Emirates? 'Oh never been, went to Highbury once'

'It’s Cesc this and WE need to get a more creative midfielder and it was so unfair we got booed off at the weekend! Was it? How do you know?

Do you go to Falmer on Saturday Tim? It doesn't hold very many does it?

They won't fill it every week will they?

What is the attraction to living 50+ miles away walking around in an Arsenal shirt but having no connection to the team whatsoever, in either locality or family connection?

It just does my head in.

I think Brighton has more than its fair share because of the war/wilderness years. We really did lose a generation of fans. London is so close that I think a lot of people were tempted by big teams.

Things should improve now.
It's understandable that people will be pissed off with JCL but we need them now, like it or not. If we want to get bigger and better we need to galvanise the plastic with a layer of rock hard blue and white tungsten and welcome them back into the fold.

Short term? Sure a friendly dig at the JCL maybe but going forward we want kids getting behind the team who will be the next set of supporters, who won't even look at Unt/Liverpool/(Enter generic big team here). Bring the "plastics" in and then grow the club organically from there.

HAPPY DAYS. We have a home again and we've timed it with a renaissance in the clubs fortunes.

Gotta beat the drum, swell the ranks, rally round the banner and march on these big clubs who stole our support!
:guns:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I know a Westham supporter,a Middlesbrough fan,a Wolves fan and a Tottenham fan-all have been to the Goldstone on occasion some went to either Play off final..........................non have a season ticket for Falmer....though they may go at some stage....probably if we make the Premiership.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
[MENTION=18856]huge[/MENTION] has summed up my opinions on the matter really well. Top posting.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
If anyone ever asks me I say I am an Albion supporter and an Aston Villa fan. The difference between the two is that I go to brighton games and contribute to the club. I usually go to one or two Villa games a season, didn't go at all last season.

I follow Aston Villa's results. Started that when Brighton began their fall down the leagues to ensue I had something to talk about in the office on a Monday morning.

As the two clubs get closer, my interest in Villa gets smaller.

I know a West Ham 'supporter' who has never been to a game, never bought a shirt/programme/novelty boxer shorts etc... If he stopped 'supporting' them tomorrow it would make no difference to the club.

huge

Mar 23, 2011
[MENTION=18856]huge[/MENTION] has summed up my opinions on the matter really well. Top posting.

your club
uncle_sam_nr.jpg

needs you

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If anyone ever asks me I say I am an Albion supporter and an Aston Villa fan. The difference between the two is that I go to brighton games and contribute to the club. I usually go to one or two Villa games a season, didn't go at all last season.

I follow Aston Villa's results. Started that when Brighton began their fall down the leagues to ensue I had something to talk about in the office on a Monday morning.

As the two clubs get closer, my interest in Villa gets smaller.

I know a West Ham 'supporter' who has never been to a game, never bought a shirt/programme/novelty boxer shorts etc... If he stopped 'supporting' them tomorrow it would make no difference to the club.

No not for me-only Brighton-stuff the office talk-so what if we lost at Hereford they are still my club-through thick and thin.....although one is allowed to have soft spot for another side............mine have been Aldershot & Wimbledon -for obvious reasons.

Edit-i may just add that i was delighted when Hereford regained their League status as well.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here