Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plans for New Year's Eve

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
So what are you up to on New Year's Eve? I was thinking about doing the Honeyclub but entry is £38. Ouch. The Event is a much more reasonable £5.

Anyone going abroad? I was in Vegas for New Year's Eve a few years ago, that was amazing.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
THIRTY EIGHT quid?

If I'm lucky I'll be DJ'ing somewhere interesting. If I'm not lucky I'll be DJ'ing down the bogs. Considering its the busiest night of the year, I'll be DJ'ing somewhere :lolol:

(note: I'm not a DJ like FBS is a DJ. I play records and act like a tit in a box a few feet off the floor. Like most nightclub DJ's actually)

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
It's £34 for members!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Jaysus. Even Spirit is around E15 on NYE, and they've got some well-ish known DJ's on.

That said, half of New Order are DJ'ing in Brighton on NYE, might be the Honeyclub?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
It does sound good, five themed rooms, special guest DJs Eddie Halliwell and Dan Bailey. Champagne reception.

Their website says 100 tickets have already been sold...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Actually, after digging through the calander (it takes a while to move forward a DAY on a Nokia smartphone, let alone three weeks), it looks like I've got the crappy slot in the local dive - 6 till 9. Woo.

Ah well, its cash.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Oh, and half of New Order are playing the Arc Club - £25 a ticket. Just Barney and Hooky, so probably no actual New Order tracks being played.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Up the Legion, always a good night out, and the cheapest drinks in town.:drink:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Stumpy Tim said:
Watching the Sydney fireworks at Rushcutters Bay, before sticking half of Columbia up my nose in the Peppermint Lounge at Potts Point

My brother in law and his wife are flying out today on their way to Oz for 3 weeks and will be in Sydney on NYE.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Downloaded Penguin said:
It does sound good, five themed rooms, special guest DJs Eddie Halliwell and Dan Bailey.

how do you get 5 themed rooms in the honey club?
they putting up some temporary dividing walls or something?

and DJ who now?!! be honest dance music DJs (which is, in my ignorance, who i assume these people are) all sound the same really don't they?

Stumpy Tim

Yorkie said:
My brother in law and his wife are flying out today on their way to Oz for 3 weeks and will be in Sydney on NYE.

They'll have a great time. It's a brilliant place to be for NYE for people of all ages.

I would suggest catching up but I plan to be a train wreck that day

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Stumpy Tim said:
They'll have a great time. It's a brilliant place to be for NYE for people of all ages.

I would suggest catching up but I plan to be a train wreck that day

He's a Blades fan so you probably wouldn't want to :lolol:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Pub innit.
NYE in town is just a pain in the arse.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
the full harris said:
how do you get 5 themed rooms in the honey club?
they putting up some temporary dividing walls or something?

and DJ who now?!! be honest dance music DJs (which is, in my ignorance, who i assume these people are) all sound the same really don't they?

They're connecting the Tzar Bar to the main Honeyclub with a large heated marquee.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
New Years Eve is over rated, Xmas Eve is where the fun is at

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
CrabtreeBHA said:
New Years Eve is over rated, Xmas Eve is where the fun is at

Agreed.

On NYE I am going to a party, which I am sure will be delightful.

Squiggsy

Oct 26, 2003
Worthing
Am going to see St Etienne (the band, not the useful 70's French footie outfit) at Shepherd's Bush Empire - which is remarkably convenient for the Albion game the next day.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here