Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plane diverted to Birmingham due to a dog on the runway at Manchester. WTF?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Perfectly reasonable course of action. Birds being sucked into an engine intake have been know to bring down an aircraft, not to mention, potentially £1000's worth of damage. Therefore, a pooch getting sucked into one of Rolls Royce's finest lumps could have serious safety & financial implications.

"It would probably have run off anyway"? Maybe? Maybe not? Airlines & Airport operators don't (or shouldn't) take chances with safety. If they did, then they really would have to deal with a class action....

Perfectly reasonable course of action. Birds being sucked into an engine intake have been know to bring down an aircraft, not to mention, potentially £1000's worth of damage. Therefore, a pooch getting sucked into one of Rolls Royce's finest lumps could have serious safety & financial implications.
I've seen whippets fly round a racetrack, but not at that height.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
It was always an accident waiting to happen!

Attachments

• 6807.jpg
    6807.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 35

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Keep up! They are now called Assistance Dogs.

Ah yes. I should have known that considering my ladyfriend has one. An umbrella term to help just not the blind and a change of law?

I wonder if she is the same lady who [MENTION=374]Man of Harveys[/MENTION] used to share a train with?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here