Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Plan your away days" the club tells us...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do we know exactly what the order of priority is for Away games?

1. 1901 members
2. ?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I was planning on buying my train tickes when I get paid later this month BUT I dont think I'll bother with games like Pompey as there's no guarantee for a seat + they are close enough for trains to be cheap enough anyway so will leave until I know about tickets.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think they should be more worried about helping people to plan how they're getting to and from the AMEX. getting to and parking at Barnsley will be a piece of piss.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm waiting to see exactly how away games will work before detailed planning. I guess that with the now 'points' system (that has yet to be revealed) there will probably be a new priority system for away games.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I was planning on buying my train tickes when I get paid later this month BUT I dont think I'll bother with games like Pompey as there's no guarantee for a seat + they are close enough for trains to be cheap enough anyway so will leave until I know about tickets.

Cardiff, Leicester, Derby and Middlesborough are the only games this year that it's worth getting advance tickets for, the rest can be done cheaply with groupsaves.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think they should be more worried about helping people to plan how they're getting to and from the AMEX. getting to and parking at Barnsley will be a piece of piss.
This.

I'm waiting to see exactly how away games will work before detailed planning. I guess that with the now 'points' system (that has yet to be revealed) there will probably be a new priority system for away games.
Only pompey is guaranteed to sell out. Palace won't on a Tuesday. West Ham might.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Only pompey is guaranteed to sell out. Palace won't on a Tuesday. West Ham might.

Palace will sell out no matter what day it is

When Southern had their special offer a few weeks ago - a 90 per cent discount on advance train tickets bought on-line - I had this BRILLIANT idea that:-

1) Saturday 13 August was bound to be an away game;
2) Cheap train tickets to London would save me a fortune on at least a bit of the journey.

Now the fixtures are out ... it's effin' Pompey away on that day.

Anyone want to buy two return tickets from Lewes to Victoria? I'll take 50 pence for the pair.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
... People with loads of POINTS.

Presumably, 20,000 of us will get points for going to the Donny game.

That should sort out priority for Pompey tickets.

Perhaps they will dish out points based on use of the facilities at the Donny game e.g.
Harveys/Dark Star = 10 points
Lager = 2 points
Pie = 5 points
Burger = 5 points (bonus point for chips)
Replica shirt = 20 points

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
When Southern had their special offer a few weeks ago - a 90 per cent discount on advance train tickets bought on-line - I had this BRILLIANT idea that:-

1) Saturday 13 August was bound to be an away game;
2) Cheap train tickets to London would save me a fortune on at least a bit of the journey.

Now the fixtures are out ... it's effin' Pompey away on that day.

Anyone want to buy two return tickets from Lewes to Victoria? I'll take 50 pence for the pair.

You're not the only one.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
... People with loads of POINTS.

Presumably, 20,000 of us will get points for going to the Donny game.

That should sort out priority for Pompey tickets.

If it is anything like other clubs it will be:

1901/Corporate members: 2000 points
STH's: 1000 points
Other fans: 10 points for every game attended.

With the points totals being wiped clean at the end of each season. Thereby ensuring fans that have bought the most tickets in the current season get priority after 1901s and STHs.

I could happily book accomodation and transport (where not using the car!) now for the away league games I want to go to all season. If it was a theatre, I could book most tickets now too. Football doesn't currently work like that and I may not know until a week before the game whether I'll get ticket, or, in some cases, when the game will actually be. Tricky planning that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here