Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitch Quality

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
It sounds like tonight that the pitch at the KC was pretty crap.

There are a number of pitches in the Football League which are shared by rugby (be it Union or League) and which accordingly come in for pretty rough treatment. Is there any set standard, or should there be, especially given that it particularly affects some teams (like us) more than others.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It sounds like tonight that the pitch at the KC was pretty crap.

There are a number of pitches in the Football League which are shared by rugby (be it Union or League) and which accordingly come in for pretty rough treatment. Is there any set standard, or should there be, especially given that it particularly affects some teams (like us) more than others.

Ye and it looked it judging by the angles the ball was bouncing at on SSN highlights....might hav influenced the apparent long ball gameof the 2nd half

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
How can a pitch used for Rugby as well as football not have an effect. These guys are at the top of their trade, they need the right equipment/tools to perform. Like putting speed humps in the occassional F1 race.

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
Pitch helped us IMO, great draw when under the cosh against a team in form. (yes I was there).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pitch helped us IMO, great draw when under the cosh against a team in form. (yes I was there).

I would agree I think that perhaps we are getting carried away with ourselves going away to a team in form and expecting to win and if not blaming the pitch. Perhaps ouir expectations have risen but in most cases we would have been happy to get a draw at Hull. Win at home draw away is the route to promotion.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here