Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitch inspection

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Just back from the gym and there looked to be a pitch inspection going on, it does look very frozen.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
No chance it will be off. Just look at the weather forecast!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Can't see it being off but Withdean does have its own climate and we've had some severe weather up there

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
There is absolutely no way the game can be off tomorrow, Shirley not?... The snow and majority of ice has gone, if they are going to call it off because the pitch is a little hard then they may as well not start the next season at Falmer til mid September as the pitch will be too rock hard in the summer.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
An actual inspection, or simply the groundsmen doing their job and tending the pitch?

Besides, there's over 32.5 hours until the game, I'm sure if it is an inspection it's more a case of checking that it is thawing as expected, rather than out of any genuine concern about the game being off.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Withdean does actually have its own little micro-climate, but what would be the point of having a pitch inspection today? :facepalm:

They're probably just doing their normal work on it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I suspect a local FA referee will have been there to do a preliminary inspection in case there is another inspection needed tomorrow.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have never known so many experts of football pitches in recent times, don't give up the day job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here