Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pitch inspection 4.30

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
thought espn had paid for a heated balloon thingy??

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Slightly off topic, but I was flicking through a man utd forum and that mick the red has about 8k posts on it, not bad for someone who has turned there back on the club?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
4.30 is a bit late for any Albion fans going up there isn't it?

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
The heated covers are staying on until 4pm and Bury FC’s covers will be removed at 5:30pm.

The gritters have been deployed on Gigg Lane and the stadium car park.

We have done everything possible to get the game on and we are as certain as we can be that the game will go ahead.

The match referee will be arriving at 4:30pm and will check the pitch then to satisfy himself the game can go ahead. A further announcement will be made after this.

We urge supporters to check official communications for any updates throughout the day.
con%2009.jpg

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
If it is off then and we dont get the TV money will Bloom cancel the hotel and bring them home :laugh:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
cant see ant footy being played sat and sun league either this weekend,the ground is solid,maybe milder temps sat,but doubt will be enough to defrost the ground

zego

Jul 10, 2003
FCUM Story

Update on the pitch.

The heated covers are staying on until 4pm and Bury FC’s covers will be removed at 5:30pm.

The gritters have been deployed on Gigg Lane and the stadium car park.

We have done everything possible to get the game on and we are as certain as we can be that the game will go ahead.

The match referee will be arriving at 4:30pm and will check the pitch then to satisfy himself the game can go ahead. A further announcement will be made after this.

We urge supporters to check official communications for any updates throughout the day.

08-12-2010 at 13:25

--------------------------

Halifax side of Pennines:- just sub-zero temperature, and clear blue sky horizon to horizon, all day so far. Temp now -0.9 deg C.

Expected to be like this until after the match, snow not expected Manchester side of Pennines.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
SSN saying pitch inspection at 2.30 :shrug:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
said 4.30 earlier,perhaps the brought it forward,2.30 would be better for the fans going

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
cant see ant footy being played sat and sun league either this weekend,the ground is solid,maybe milder temps sat,but doubt will be enough to defrost the ground

Ant footy is a new one on me. I guess that's what the away supporters at Withdean experience. :lol:

I can recall an open-air rock concert I went to where the stage was far away described as ant rock.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
4.30 is a nightmare. Surely a fair few of those going would be turning up/have already turned up in the area by then!

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton

I agree, ants will freeze in this weather, poor little buggers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here