Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pikeys pitch the worst in the championship??

worst pitch in championship

• yes

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • no

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It looked immaculate at the start but seemed to cut up badly bearing in mind how early it is in the season.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Priestfield pitch always used to be a disgrace. Worst I have ever seen on a regular basis! Is it any better?

Worst I have ever seen on an one-off was the Recreation Ground at Aldershot. A league Club used to play there.

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
the groundsman has in fact just left the club! basically because scally is a complete twat!! or so i hear anyway.

he was a good lad, hadnt been there long and was trying his best to sort it out. usual problem, people sticking their noses in where they shouldnt and the job being done on the cheap. why cant people stick to their own jobs!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was remarkably good when we shared it with them as I remember.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
looked to me like it had only just been laid, each sliding tackle peeled it up a bit, Danny kept putting the divots back in while wasting time taking free kicks

gfconline

Feb 11, 2004
Pikeyville
I voted yes. This year it has been awful and it's a shame because it will stop our beautiful flowing football (yes that was sarcastic). It always used to be one of the best pitches.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Scallyway made the pitch better at Gillingham.

Did you notice how the Goldstone pitch (one of the finest in the country) deteriorated under the Belotti regime. It would be an insult if he was buried under grass: it should be excrement.

Pitches are much better than they used to be.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
perseus said:
Did you notice how the Goldstone pitch (one of the finest in the country) deteriorated under the Belotti regime. It would be an insult if he was buried under grass: it should be excrement.

I think Belotti should be buried under Toys R Us!

Preferably next week.

Preferably alive!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Buzza said:
I think Belotti should be buried under Toys R Us!

Preferably next week.

Preferably alive!

Nah should be made to work in Toys-r-us during the run up to Christmas

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Superphil said:
looked to me like it had only just been laid, each sliding tackle peeled it up a bit, Danny kept putting the divots back in while wasting time taking free kicks

I agree. One of the Gills shots went awry because the ball hit a divot which had been dug up.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All the building work has messed up the drainage system.

gfconline

Feb 11, 2004
Pikeyville
Yea I think we should tarmac it instead and rather than having programme sellers we should get old ladies to sell lucky heather.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It looked as though it could do with a giant roller on it to bed the turfs down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here