Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pie and a pint problem before the game

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Being we can't take alcohol to our seats. There seems very little space to put your pie/pint down and eat/drink the other.

Would it not be a good idea to put shelves around all the concrete columns?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Being we can't take alcohol to our seats. There seems very little space to put your pie/pint down and eat/drink the other.

Would it not be a good idea to put shelves around all the concrete columns?

I presume it's so you don't bump into them. I had that 'problem' on Saturday. I got through it though by putting my pint on a shelf at the back, trusting no-one else would drink it. Having survived, I managed to have another pint soon after.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
You can put you're pint and pie down, or am I missing something?

I can put it on the floor, or some of the shelves at the back, but these are usually taken. Just would be nice not to have to use the floor

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I take the Mrs ... she holds whatever I'm not shoving down my throat at the time - there's a joke there somewhere :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was feeling the same.
I did feel it was a little churlish to bring up, so I'm glad you have.

Once the kids are fully loaded, they struggled to eat and we had to find a corner for them to sit on the floor.
We didn't want to take our seats earlier than necessary (it was a tad warm in the East).

But as I said, even now it seems a bit of a pathetic complaint.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i usually overcome this problem by having something to eat before i go to the football.
simple, but it works for me

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I have to agree. Some more shelfage would be helpful. It's a pain trying to hold a plastic pint pot and a huge pie.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
i'm always amazed that people feel the need to eat between 2:45 and 4:45- very odd.

Who said anything about 2:45-4:45? Having left home at 9am, I "felt the need" for a pie when I got to the ground. As did plenty of other people who were watching the Arsenal game and being sociable. Even early on, there's limited shelf space.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I Managed to eat a pie with one hand and hold the pint in the other.

man up a bit.

Im just happy i have the option to have a pint in one hand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here