Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Picture of the Amex

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
Don't know if this has been posted before, but thought i'd share this!

amex_community_stadium_brighton_k210711.jpg

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I know im probably gonna get shot down for this but then ive never been good with knowing in which direction what is in....but, that is the sun setting is it not? So it now sets in the North East (going by the stands), or as I have suspected, have we got the names of the stands wrong? Seems to me the North should be the West and the East the North etc...
Or has this been done before?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I know im probably gonna get shot down for this but then ive never been good with knowing in which direction what is in....but, that is the sun setting is it not? So it now sets in the North East (going by the stands), or as I have suspected, have we got the names of the stands wrong? Seems to me the North should be the West and the East the North etc...
Or has this been done before?

At the season ticket presentation it was explained that the main stand had to be called the west stand and the rest named accordingly.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Great picture, on par with the one that the police helicoper took a week or so ago.

Re: Stand names, I thought they named the North first, being behind the goal and the rest followed.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well as I'm not a STH, i guess I wouldnt know. Did they explain why it had to be called the West Stand?

Not that I recall. Might have had something to do with where the sun generally is at 3pm on a saturday, or might have been a club superstition/tradition.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Not that I recall. Might have had something to do with where the sun generally is at 3pm on a saturday, or might have been a club superstition/tradition.

Ok fair enough, I think thats a bit daft though if thats the case. I remember they wanted the large stand on the South Side hide the sun, So I was initially suprised by the stand names. Anyway, Fantastic Stadium, Fantastic Picture, Fantastic Club!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I can assure you that the west stand is on the west side of the stadium.

I can assure you at my presentation it was said that the main stand was named the west and the rest were named following. I am now, on thinking about it, having a weak recollection of him said something about it not being exactly west, but I'm not arguing whether it is accurate or not, just passing on what I was told regarding the names of the stands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here