Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phrases used instead of swearing

Following on from a question in Ant and Decs Family Fortunes thingy, what quirky phrases do you use instead of swearing or just in general.

A couple for me - firstly, Scaly Backed Bograt. A phrase coined by the late landlord of the Rodmill pub in Eastbourne and one I still use today when not wanting to call someone a :censored: .

Usage - You Scaly Backed Bograt!!

Secondly, not a swear replacement but when I am feeling particularly pleased with myself, I have been known to utter "I am WEASEL!" From the Weasel/Baboon cartoons.

So, NSC SPACKER etc aside, what strange sayings do you use?

Last edited:

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
Grontophile - (cf Paedophile) but roughly translated is a the love of a person well beyond the age of normal retirement. Usage as a term of abuse for a very slow driver at traffic lights late in pulling away. Driver usually wearing a trilby hat, muffler or similar attire & often seen smoking a pipe accompanied by a female partner whom without doubt is his longstanding wife.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Crystal Palace supporter. General term of abuse for Londoners.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Ruck off you rucking rucker. In tribute to the bloke who spoke to my dad in such terms while trying not to offend the child version of me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here