Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone Networks and Data Connection @ Amex

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
Hi,

Thinking of changing from Vodafone for a few reasons, one of which is that I cannot seem to get a 3G data connection at Falmer. What have others found in terms of their connections - any better on T-Mobile, 3, O2 or Orange?

I imagine it could simply be a network capacity issue at the ground when a few thousand people may want to be checking the half-time scores.

Last edited:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
also on O2 and for about 1/2 hour either side of half time can't get any 3G signal although i think this is my Iphone playing up as my mate is also on O2 using a HTC and he annoyingly gets it no problem.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think it's volume of users. I doubt there would be much better than Vodafone tbh.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
You are barely ever going to get a connection in a stadium with 10,000+ people inside.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Do you have an iPhone? I've had my iPhone on 3 different networks and each time I've been in a large crowd football match I've struggled to get any data however people on their blackberries have been zipping along nicely.

Maybe it's just the iPhone being slack?

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
No, I have an HTC Desire. Maybe one of those fake chinese iPhone 5's with the extendable aerial will be more suited ;-)

article-2024878-0D64082600000578-649_306x433.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Could do with free wifi for sure. Had it at the Rosebowl recently and it was great.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
I'm on orange with 3G signal on my iPhone, I can manage to get match results through out the match using FL app.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here