Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone In

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Did anyone listen to it? i personally cant stand Mike Ward, theres just something about him i dont like, and sice Harty has left it has really fallen on its arse

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Same here, the only one on the radio I like listening to is John Byrne. Comes across as a decent bloke, and at least he knows what he's going on about. But yes, since Harty's departure it has nosedived.:hammer:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
John Byrne should host the phone in, my opinion. He's witty, opinionated and confident enough in himself to host it well.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I gave up listening long ago when they decided to let wanker ward do it. It is pointless.

John Byrne is okay, but not that idiot.

D

Deleted member 2719

I agree that the phone in isn't what it was because you need a good team - Give Mike ward and JB more time to GELL.

:whistle:

Being serious there are a lot of Harty Lickers on here.

:drool:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I suggested that Kuipers should accept some of the blame and both Mike Ward and Richie Reynolds disagreed but John Byrne agreed and said that he must dominate his 6 yd box more and accept more responsibility. He did also add that it was interesting to note that a number of players had a go at FDM when getting the ball out of the net, obviously they thought the same.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
They'll probably get Jack the Lad in to do it next. Or maybe do a network show from all round the country for local radio football phone-ins.... and maybe even call it 606?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I suggested that Kuipers should accept some of the blame and both Mike Ward and Richie Reynolds disagreed but John Byrne agreed and said that he must dominate his 6 yd box more and accept more responsibility. He did also add that it was interesting to note that a number of players had a go at FDM when getting the ball out of the net, obviously they thought the same.

Since he appears to have a go at everyone around him whenever a goal is let in, I'd imagine they felt they had a point.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The commentary was poor today. They lost track of time in the second half, he said 10 minutes to go when there was really 4. Then said he'd seen no sign of the board going up yet just as the 4 minutes extra time finished.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I enjoyed the phone in yesterday, sorry about that. I quite like the fact that the presenter doesn't have an agenda, Harty really pissed me off with his "Anti Adams fans are windowlickers" mentality all last season. Don't think he even had the good grace to admit he got it SO wrong last season even when the season imploded.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Whenever I see Mike Ward is involed I avoid it, it's shame really that what was once a good show is now completely DULL.

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
I enjoyed the phone in yesterday, sorry about that. I quite like the fact that the presenter doesn't have an agenda, Harty really pissed me off with his "Anti Adams fans are windowlickers" mentality all last season. Don't think he even had the good grace to admit he got it SO wrong last season even when the season imploded.

I agree with Icy Gull. I listened all the way home and thought it was good. They had about a dozen callers on and read out loads of texts in an hour - what else is a fan's phone-in supposed to do?? They also played a good 5 mins of a Slade interview

It seems to me that the make up of the phone-in team is something like:-
Reynolds - host and joins stuff together i.e. gets the callers on, gets to the travel, the classified results, the interviews, the texts etc. No agenda
Johnny Byrne - ex-pro's opinion on stuff. Good insights.
Mike Ward - fan's point of view. HOWEVER, whether he manages this or not is debatable??

All the Harty Lovers will just have to accept that he's gone and is never coming back. I believe he decided to leave. Times move on. It's like saying "we liked it when Bobby Zamora played, can't we have him back??" it aint happening (at the mo.!!)

I thought it was good on Saturday and I urge people to keep phoning in (it was great to hear from people all over the ground who were nearer the contentious decisions than me) to make it interesting.

Give 'em a break.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I thought it was a good show yesterday, it's deffinitely improved since adding more people to the line up, there were 3 blokes yesterday running the show as opposed to just one on his own. It works much better in that format, and it does help that there was alot to talk about from the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here