Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone in Thread

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Well we do still have a chance so :tosser:

It's not a very likely chance I admit, but a chance it is!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He`s almost Churchillian when he makes a speech.

Inspiring stuff.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The thing that I found most astounding is that Paul Clark (the original tank) with such a vast knowledge of the game both as a lower league player and manager is unable to find work in football, other than summarising on the radio, and we have a TV salesmen, with no professional knowledge and an Ex Player with coaching experience of Sussex County League side helping Dean Wilkins. Something is wrong with the system.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The thing that I found most astounding is that Paul Clark (the original tank) with such a vast knowledge of the game both as a lower league player and manager is unable to find work in football, other than summarising on the radio, and we have a TV salesmen, with no professional knowledge and an Ex Player with coaching experience of Sussex County League side helping Dean Wilkins. Something is wrong with the system.

How much do you think our 'coaching staff' are paid? And what are there duties? and under who's direction do they undertake those duties?

Personally I'd be surprised if it goes much beyond putting out cones, collecting balls, distributing bibs, talking the players through warm-up and training drills, yelling 'inspirational' comments from the touch line every so often... none of it exactly rocket science.

Perhaps that suits Dean Wilkins - after all, he choses to leave them to it quite often.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

wasnt dean white a pro at gillingham for a bit. having said that, i still agree though that the fact that are two assistants have come out of sussex non league is pretty poor

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
The thing that I found most astounding is that Paul Clark (the original tank) with such a vast knowledge of the game . . . . . .

Shame on you. An old codger like you ought to know that the "original Tank" was Des Tennant (and I missed his company on Friday night.)

I can't argue with your assessment of the qualities of Clarky, but I do question your assessment of Deano's back up team.

Last edited:

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
How much do you think our 'coaching staff' are paid? And what are there duties? and under who's direction do they undertake those duties?

Personally I'd be surprised if it goes much beyond putting out cones, collecting balls, distributing bibs, talking the players through warm-up and training drills, yelling 'inspirational' comments from the touch line every so often... none of it exactly rocket science.

Perhaps that suits Dean Wilkins - after all, he choses to leave them to it quite often.

I haven't seen you at the training ground, come and say hello the next time you there, sounds like you come to training quite a bit, and sit in on the gaffers meetings as well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Shame on you. An old codger like you ought to know that the "original Tank" was Des Tennant (and I missed his company on Friday night.)I can't argue with your assessment of the qualities of Clarky, but I do question your assessment of Deano's back up team.

Yes you are right about Des but I was not taking into account there are some on here as old as me and the oldest that most would remember would have been Paul Clark. As regards DW back up team like most I do not know for sure, and can only go on my impressions.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I haven't seen you at the training ground, come and say hello the next time you there, sounds like you come to training quite a bit, and sit in on the gaffers meetings as well.
He doesn't know who you are , BB :lol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

You wont have, he doesnt ,and your'e having a laugh.

:thumbsup:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Thank you for the kind offer. I would be interested in knowing a bit more about how the playing side of the club runs. Unfortunately, I am presently working in London, so unless you train after 7.30pm or at weekends, I am unable to take you up on it.

Perhaps you would care to tell us a bit about it?

What does a typical training session / pre-match preparation involve - who plans it, who leads it, what sort of briefings/reviews do you have before and after games?

Is it pretty much a routine, or does it vary a lot?

I'm sure many on here would be interested to understand the processes and dynamics of what goes on to prepare for matches... and it might help clear up some misapprehensions about individuals contributions to the club?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm sure many on here would be interested to understand the processes and dynamics of what goes on to prepare for matches... and it might help clear up some misapprehensions about individuals contributions to the club?
I would like to know who gets the pre match meals from McDonalds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here