Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This girl is a NUTTER!!!

Watch out Johnny Byrne.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Hehehe to be honest, I wouldn't mind us going up - it was a comment from a friend on the show this morning and it provoked such a violent reaction from Richie in the studio, I thought I'd put it to Ian and John! Thanks Alex, you stirrer! lol!

Of course you've got to aim as high as you can, but I also took Alex's point that we want to be on the up in the season we get the new stadium and it would be horrible to be in a relegation year the first year at Falmer. A promotion the year before Falmer would be perfect IMHO. But if we get a chance this year, go for it! Win win win!

And they cut me off - I was just about to say "ok, you've swayed me, I'll change my mind!" lol!

And Johnny, why didn't you point out that you got engaged at Christmas - so there was no need for a Feb 29th proposal!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If we got to the play offs final at Wembley I would be suicidal if we lost on penalties. to say you would want us to lose in the penalty shoot out was always going to be a difficult one to sell Paula.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Well, I'd rather get there and lose than not get there at all, Gaz. In reality I'd rather we got there and won. In fact I'd rather we got auto promotion, and a huge pot of money appeared to buy a couple of Championship players as well as push the Falmer process through at the same time. And then Bobby came back to us.

Dont think you'd be suicidal though love. Probably a bit cross and grumpy. :p

Looking forward to seeing Danny Cullip back on Tuesday. Suicidal that he's not going to be in blue and white stripes. Oh no, hold on, just a bit cross and grumpy! :p

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
I just don't understand why anyone wouldn't want us to go up. In all honesty, even if we were GUARANTEED to come straight back down (which we wouldn't be), I'd still take the promotion for two reasons:

1) You're no worse off in the long-run, just back where you started
2) In twenty years, we'll have the memory of a play-off winning season finishing at Wembley. Noone will remember this season if we finish 9th.

As long as we're on the up when we go into the new stadium and it's irrelevant anyway because a couple of good results and people are dreaming of Wembley, a couple of bad results and the same people are screaming 'Wilkins Out'. The point I asked was would you rather be in the Championship and lose, or in League One and win? The upsurge in the crowd would be very short lived if results were bad every week. I'd like to see the money come in from a playoff run, but to be honest, I didn't think it would happen at the start of the season, and I dont think it will happen now. Maybe I'm thinking too level headed today, as I'd love to believe in the dream. If money comes in, if the dream result happens it would go to the stadium and debts rather than players, but if the majority would rather see us go up then down, I bow to the majority. :cheers:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
and Ernest, if you call me a 'female idiot' again, I might be a little cross and grumpy. I dont think I've caused a point of controversy before, and I certainly know a lot about football! Silly Billy.

He is a big pussy cat if you met him

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Either of your two scenario's would be fine, basically when I say on the up, what I'm getting at is, I wouldn't want us to have been relegated from the C'Shp and starting our Falmer life in League 1.

If we were promoted the season before or were already in the championship the important thing is to give the crowd belief that the new season will be an improvement on the last (wherever that may have been).

Don't get me wrong I think this will be the case once we get Falmer as I expect some big player investment to entice the crowds in.

Ideal scenario is obviously to go up and stay there but as I said I don't really see that happening just yet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here