Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone in Saturday - Dick Knight

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Harty is hoping to get Dick Knight on the phone in after the game Saturday.

Just to say, regardless of the result I am planning to phone in and give everyone who plans to also phone in and give DK any shit a piece of my mind.

Dick Knight is a bloody Albion hero and I just cannot believe all these tossers giving Dick grief when we have one of the best and most devoted chairmen in the football league.

Dick must be tempted to think, sod you lot , I'm off you ungrateful bastards and he would if he didn't love the Albion so much. Working his socks off for 5 years to try and get us a stadium, delivering 5 great managers in Horton, Adams, Taylor, Coppell and McGhee, bringing us 3 promotions in 4 years and 2 championships. 3 cups in the cabinet.

Many Many glorious moments against a backdrop of playing infront of 6500 people in an old athletics stadium on a playing field.

For fecks sake we are 1 league behind Arsenal, think about it. Anyone who has a pop at DK needs to talk a long hard look in the mirror.

I'm looking forward to Saturday !.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :censored:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Will Ernest or FG step forward now ?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
here here. i also cant work out why people moan about him! we have a fantastic chairman who TRYELY loves the club and has kept us afloat. he has brought great managers to the club and when he does allow us to spend we spend it well.

what a legend

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Well thats better than all of your recent tips, well said

:clap2: :clap2:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Well Said, I cant stand people having a pop at DK and then asking for McGhee to be sacked already...they seriously have no intelligence (sp?) whatsoever!

Lush

Mods' Pet
Gareth Glover said:

Dick must be tempted to think, sod you lot , I'm off you ungrateful bastards and he would if he didn't love the Albion so much.

I doubt he worries about a few ungrateful bastards when there are so many people who are working with him unpaid for the club and for Falmer and there were hundreds of fans who shook his hand after the Championship and promotion wins.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
blah blah blah

Knight has got NO money! why does every1 love him? he didnt save the club - the fans did.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
brunswick said:
blah blah blah

Knight has got NO money! why does every1 love him? he didnt save the club - the fans did.

You can't buy me looooooooove
you can't buy me looooooooove.....

Will the new Chairman with money in his or her pocket, please step forward...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Until then Dick will do fine.

LC:glare:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Gareth Glover said:
Harty is hoping to get Dick Knight on the phone in after the game Saturday.

Just to say, regardless of the result I am planning to phone in and give everyone who plans to also phone in and give DK any shit a piece of my mind.

Dick Knight is a bloody Albion hero and I just cannot believe all these tossers giving Dick grief when we have one of the best and most devoted chairmen in the football league.

Dick must be tempted to think, sod you lot , I'm off you ungrateful bastards and he would if he didn't love the Albion so much. Working his socks off for 5 years to try and get us a stadium, delivering 5 great managers in Horton, Adams, Taylor, Coppell and McGhee, bringing us 3 promotions in 4 years and 2 championships. 3 cups in the cabinet.

Many Many glorious moments against a backdrop of playing infront of 6500 people in an old athletics stadium on a playing field.

For fecks sake we are 1 league behind Arsenal, think about it. Anyone who has a pop at DK needs to talk a long hard look in the mirror.

I'm looking forward to Saturday !.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :censored:

Good on you mate

I'm sure DK would give Mark McGhee a bucket-load of money IF HE HAD IT TO GIVE. To achieve what we have achieved over the past few years given the constraints of Withdean is nothing short of unbelievable.

Dick Knight should be given the Freedom of the City not slaughtered. The man is a LEGEND

:clap2:

Dick Knight is ill at the moment.

If he fails to appear on Saturday, no doubt he'll be slated by his opponents for cowardice.

Is this just another of Harty's stunts to promote the phone in?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Anyone who posts on the subject of Knight either thinks he's a God or thinks he's full of empty promises. Surely the truth lies somewhere in between?

Knight has done so much good for this club but he has also made mistakes, and while I still think he is the man for the job and I'll back him 100% I am privately worried that he will not deliver.

It was clear he should have appointed Coppell instead of Hinshelwood, he should also have given the job to Dowie instead of McGhee, 5 years on and no extra 2,000 seats at Withdean, Falmer is 50/50 at best and, by his own admission, there is no Plan B.

I get the impression the club are under-staffed and struggling with all off-field issues, like the technicalities of the planning application, the season tickets, the redesign of the kit, website etc.

If the club are to move forward he needs help.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Beach Hut said:
Will Ernest or FG step forward now ?

Where is FG? Haven't heard from him for ages

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Pavilionaire said:

It was clear he should have appointed Coppell instead of Hinshelwood, he should also have given the job to Dowie instead of McGhee, 5 years on and no extra 2,000 seats at Withdean, Falmer is 50/50 at best and, by his own admission, there is no Plan B.

Did Dowie say he wanted to join us? dont remember that, as far as I saw it he always wanted and waited for the Palarse job.

Extra seats, blocked by a nimby and then the park & ride situation, hardly DKs fault.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
*note to self* Do not read NSC everytime we go 4 games without a win. If even the normally-sane Chappers can start questioning DK just because we haven't won a game yet in a higher league then the board will be FULL of rubbish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here