Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Phil' on 606 last night

scarfer1

Jun 1, 2004
London
Although he seems to be getting a slating, I agree with some of the points 'Phil' made. Is leon knight (left winger?) getting found out at championship level? I believe he is, the MM comments were way off the mark, but with the players he has, im not sure we can go any further. How Oatway is still playin i never know (and instead of Chippy-wats that about?!) i thought he was shite 4 years ago and now hes still playing....in the Championship! Finally, Dan Harding doesnt seem interested at all, bit of 'interest' from Everton and he thinks hes the next best thing. As far as im concerned he can fu*k off. Rant over. :censored:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I'll agree with the Oatway bit, but Knight is perfectly capable of playing at this level. He's been excellent the last few games, and the goals will come, but we've barely been created hat-loads of chances have we? A proper striker to play with him would help.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Team selection was somewhat dodgy last night but I believe McGhee is doing the best he can with what he has got.

So long as we are out of the bottom three we are doing fine.

I am sure he is looking for suitable loan signings.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We are still 5 points clear of the relegation zone... we obviously need a target man... when Nicolas is fit, then he will surely play alongside Chippy, and instead of Charlie... lay off Leon... lay off Harding, and he may sign a new contract... Mayo is nowhere near the player Harding is, IMHO...

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
xams is always the critical stage and tends to give you an idea how the table will finish!

We must keep the momentum and get behind the team!

:flameboun

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I would like it to be known that the "Phil" in question was not me.

I think he sounds a bit foolish, I was talking to Harty and pointing out that we are in a good position just now, several places and points away from the relegation zone. So long as the players and us don't start thinking we have to finish 4th off the bottom we're going to be alright.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
scarfer1 said:
Although he seems to be getting a slating, I agree with some of the points 'Phil' made. Is leon knight (left winger?) getting found out at championship level? I believe he is, the MM comments were way off the mark, but with the players he has, im not sure we can go any further. How Oatway is still playin i never know (and instead of Chippy-wats that about?!) i thought he was shite 4 years ago and now hes still playing....in the Championship! Finally, Dan Harding doesnt seem interested at all, bit of 'interest' from Everton and he thinks hes the next best thing. As far as im concerned he can fu*k off. Rant over. :censored:

i agree with you as i said on other posts after the game, oatway has looked useless in the games ive seen him play this season, as has harding and last season.

and knight had a good game but he is always on the wing i dont know, virgo is there on his own, if he is going to play like that maybe we should do this...

---------------------kuipers--------------------

---reid-----butters--------cullip-------mayo--

------hammond----chippy-----nicolas-------

---------currie------------------knight---------
----------------------virgo----------------------

subs:

roberts,oatway/harding, hinselwood, jarrett, piercy

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I cant believe Oatway is still with us at this level.Lets hope Piercy actually gets fit and stays fit.WE NEED to start creating from midfield to have a chance of staying up.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The Northstander said:
xams is always the critical stage and tends to give you an idea how the table will finish!

:flameboun

Strange, I've neer really thought that exams was a critical period of the season!!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Now what did Phil say about Charlie Oatway ?

Wasn't at Derby but we did well at Sunderland for the first 57 minutes until that substitution and the re-jigging of the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here