CURTIS DAVIES: Birmingham

IAN HARTE: Reading

ADAM LALLANA: Southampton

PETER WHITTINGHAM: Cardiff

MARK NOBLE: West Ham

MATT PHILLIPS: Blackpool

RICKIE LAMBERT: Southampton

JAY RODRIGUEZ: Burnley

Ched Evans selected in Div 1 team of the year.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I think that's about fair.

Not overly sure about Tomkins or Davies though. If we had been a more fashionable club, Greer or El Abd would have been in that side

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON

Not overly sure about Tomkins or Davies though. If we had been a more fashionable club, Greer or El Abd would have been in that side

This was voted for by the players, so no offence but the 'fashionable club' bit is crap. Burnley aren't exactly fashionable. Its more likely thay El Abd wasn't picked because he winds up nearly everyone he plays against!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Quite a fair team, I think the only one I'd take issue with would be Matt Phillips. Not sure Kelvin Davies has been as consistent as Federici.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Not a chance. Greer isn't good enough, and I suspect there is a a feeling that El Abd has wound up too many members by "underhand" means.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'm sure if this was voted for now rather than two months ago there would be a couple more Reading players in there. The early vote makes a bit of a mockery of the team as the Premiership one has three Spurs players in there and only one Man Utd player.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Not a chance. I'm more surprised one of the Hull CB's didn't get in with their miserly defence.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My team would have included Noble, Whittingham and Lambert.

I think the same Southampton players may have made it last year in the League One team (with Harding) ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here