Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pethick in midfield?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
hmm, i'm not too sure about this, but unfortunately, we dont really have many other options. I take it Piercy cant play central midfield or else he really must have done something to upset coppell if he cant get in over an out of position defender.
the need for a cover defender on the bench might finally see Adam Virgo back(I hope)

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
when peth first came to us and was played in midfield, despite not being given the ball much (!) i though he looked pretty decent. good on the ball and excellent beckham-esque distribution.

not unhappy with him in the middle at all...

ojalbion

Jul 7, 2003
does make you wonder what pierceys done to be behind pethick and harding in the running order, hes always looked a decent player when hes come on

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:lolol: pethick in midfield :lolol: ??? oh your serious !

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
If Peth does play in midfield lets hope for a 30 yard belter :clap2:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Coppell has said that Piercy is a good midfielder, but sometimes gets a bit too excited going foward leaving us horribly exposed. With Oatway and Rodger (more defensive midfielders) out, I wouldn't be surprised to see Robbie in midfield. At least he can pass the ball. Occasionally.

Charlie_g

Sep 18, 2003
Hove
Peths distribution could prove a revelation but I think pace and stamina would cause us problems 2nd half. Hope he scores that 30 yarder:goal:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Centre midfield should be the last position we need cover, If Piercey,Pitcher,Lee,Wilkinson,Hammond are not good enough to come in,Why are they still at the club?
Pitcher was going to join Stevenage in pre-season but SC stopped the deal at the last minute,now he's not good enough to get in the team?

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Don Tmatter said:
Pitcher was going to join Stevenage in pre-season but SC stopped the deal at the last minute,now he's not good enough to get in the team?

Pitcher did go to Stevenage on a month's loan "with a view". Unfortunately he got injured during that month and so he returned to Brighton.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Robert Lester Zamora said:
Pitcher did go to Stevenage on a month's loan "with a view". Unfortunately he got injured during that month and so he returned to Brighton.
No he was going to join permanently pre-season,coppell stopped it and then afterwards let him go on loan .

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
I wasn't aware of that

I guess that might have been when Coppell was waiting for Rodger to make up his mind ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here