Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peterborough will not miss Craig Mackail-Smith (or Aaron McLean), because...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
...Lee Tomlin is better.

BBC Sport - Lee Tomlin 'better' than ex-Peterborough duo, says Ferguson

Peterborough boss Darren Ferguson has hailed striker Lee Tomlin as a better player than former Posh strike duo Aaron McLean and Craig Mackail-Smith.

Tomlin, 22, netted a hat-trick in Saturday's 7-1 win over Ipswich, with Paul Taylor also among the goals.

"Paul's similar to Craig and Aaron in terms of energy and pace, he's a good finisher," Ferguson told BBC Look East.

"Lee for me, ability wise, is better than the whole lot of them, he's got more ability, he could be anything."

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lee Tomlin also has the makings of a TREMENDOUS old-skool MULLET :clap:

Lee-Tomlin-Peterborough_2568845.jpg

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I have been very impressed with him whenever I've seen him.

The talk from Peterborough about our players (also see the Ryan Bennett interview on the BBC preview, talking about how they're not worried about CMS, or Calderon) is slightly reminding me of their build up the London Road game last season.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think the problem for them will not be the quality of their strikers. It will be giving their strikers the ball in the first place.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Incidentally, I have watched the highlights of that Posh-Ipswich game several times. I think the reaction of the Ipswich fans to the 4th goal in about 8 minutes going in is worth the effort alone. They do look rather CROSS. :lolol:

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I have been very impressed with him whenever I've seen him.

The talk from Peterborough about our players (also see the Ryan Bennett interview on the BBC preview, talking about how they're not worried about CMS, or Calderon) is slightly reminding me of their build up the London Road game last season.

Oh well, we all know how that panned out!

Maybe they'll get to see how K LL performs this time.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Find out tomorrow won't we :albion2:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Peterborough don't seem to have 'missed' this duo as Brighton have not missed messrs Bennett and Murray. Time will tell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here