Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peterborough Tickets - public service announcement for idiots like me

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I bought my tickets online, by going to the Online Ticketing site and clicking the link for

“Peterborough Utd v BHAFC - Away Match – TERRACING

And then clicked through the purchasing procedure, job done, or so I thought. I received my email receipt, and noted it showed the tickets at £23, the cost of seated tickets at London Road. Humph, so I phone the ticket office, they enlightened me to the fact that not only do you need to choose…

…but then, just in case you’ve changed your mind in the time it takes to go from one screen to another, they conveniently revert your choice back to seated tickets. You have to then change this back to your original choice, because that is what you wanted in the first place hence the reason why you clicked it in the first place. I didn't change it back to my original choice, because I am obviously an idiot and thought that by choosing what I want once, that should be enough.

So a warning if you are a stupid as me and didn’t realised you needed to tell the Internet twice what you wanted, then you’ll be receiving seating tickets for Saturday. If you return them the club will swap them for terrace tickets, to be collected on Saturday at London Road, so I guess they are quite helpful in that respect.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I avoided this issue, by reading.

Agreed, Yeah, I will in future, trouble is I was using a smartphone to book them. Very small writing, I thought I was being as carefull as possible, logging in on one of them is a trial in itself and making sure of everything else, I failed to see the bit where the website changed my choice without asking me if I wanted to change my choice. I may well be the only one who did this, but I am sure there are some others out there that may have done, and not realised.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I bought my tickets online, by going to the Online Ticketing site and clicking the link for

And then clicked through the purchasing procedure, job done, or so I thought. I received my email receipt, and noted it showed the tickets at £23, the cost of seated tickets at London Road. Humph, so I phone the ticket office, they enlightened me to the fact that not only do you need to choose…

…but then, just in case you’ve changed your mind in the time it takes to go from one screen to another, they conveniently revert your choice back to seated tickets. You have to then change this back to your original choice, because that is what you wanted in the first place hence the reason why you clicked it in the first place. I didn't change it back to my original choice, because I am obviously an idiot and thought that by choosing what I want once, that should be enough.

So a warning if you are a stupid as me and didn’t realised you needed to tell the Internet twice what you wanted, then you’ll be receiving seating tickets for Saturday. If you return them the club will swap them for terrace tickets, to be collected on Saturday at London Road, so I guess they are quite helpful in that respect.

This is the new intelligent ticketing system being trialled. It knows you are a 1901 and couldn't believe that you would want to STAND at a football match. So assuming you had made and error it automatically amended it for you.

(please note - I am just taking the mick before anybody has a sense of humour failure here)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
This is the new intelligent ticketing system being trialled. It knows you are a 1901 and couldn't believe that you would want to STAND at a football match. So assuming you had made and error it automatically amended it for you.

(please note - I am just taking the mick before anybody has a sense of humour failure here)

That genuinely made me laugh out loud,

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I did the same thing. I bought 2 and one ended up as terrace and one as a seat!! I went to the ticket office on Sat and swapped for terrace ticket

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Sadly mine haven't arrived yet, and I'm not local enough to really be able to return them to be changed.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
My fun and games in getting a Peterborough ticket at the Ticket Office on Saturday went like this...

Me: 'One terrace ticket for the Peterborough game, please...'

Pause for 10 seconds

Some hippy in the Ticket Office (to his colleague): 'Where are the Peterborough tickets?'

Ticket Office Colleage: 'In the drawer'

S.h.i.t. Ticket Office: 'Which one?'

TOC: 'The one beside you...'

Pause for 10 seconds

S.h.i.t. Ticket Office: 'Oh...'

Pause while he looks at tickets with bewilderment.

S.h.i.t. Ticket Office: 'Sorry, was it two tickets?'

Me: 'No, just one.'

S.h.i.t. Ticket Office: 'Terrace or stands?'

Me: 'Still the terrace, please.'

Pause while he takes my debit card and fan number. And then another pause while he types the info in. Then repeats the same task, but this time putting the correct info in

S.h.i.t. Ticket Office: '£23.00, please.'

Me: 'Are you sure? That sounds a bit steep...'

S.h.i.t. Ticket Office: 'Oh. £18.00, please.'

He puts out his hand to take my card.

Me: 'You've got my card...'

S.h.i.t. Ticket Office: 'Oh. Oh yeah...'

I receive my ticket. The put out my hand and request the return of my my debit card.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Oh for gods sake, just clicked through as well. Will have to check tonight but not really got time to go to ticket office this week!! Remember being charged £23 as well.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
My fun and games in getting a Peterborough ticket at the Ticket Office on Saturday went like this...

Me: 'One terrace ticket for the Peterborough game, please...'

Pause for 10 seconds

Some hippy in the Ticket Office (to his colleague): 'Where are the Peterborough tickets?'

Ticket Office Colleage: 'In the drawer'

S.h.i.t. Ticket Office: 'Which one?'

TOC: 'The one beside you...'

Pause for 10 seconds

S.h.i.t. Ticket Office: 'Oh...'

Pause while he looks at tickets with bewilderment.

S.h.i.t. Ticket Office: 'Sorry, was it two tickets?'

Me: 'No, just one.'

S.h.i.t. Ticket Office: 'Terrace or stands?'

Me: 'Still the terrace, please.'

Pause while he takes my debit card and fan number. And then another pause while he types the info in. Then repeats the same task, but this time putting the correct info in

S.h.i.t. Ticket Office: '£23.00, please.'

Me: 'Are you sure? That sounds a bit steep...'

S.h.i.t. Ticket Office: 'Oh. £18.00, please.'

He puts out his hand to take my card.

Me: 'You've got my card...'

S.h.i.t. Ticket Office: 'Oh. Oh yeah...'

I receive my ticket. The put out my hand and request the return of my my debit card.

Don't leave us hanging! WHAT HAPPENED NEXT?!

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
Fortunately Ii spotted this prior to booking my tickets. That said there were several threads on here warning of this issue.

However, on a side note, does anyone know what time tickets eventually went online on Friday as they were still not displaying at 5.20 when the system kicked me out having been online for 30 mins.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Will there be much price difference on the day? And there should be loads left, that terrace holds 3.5k/4k doesn't it? and 1800 seats? :)

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Trying to look at tickets for the Peterborough match currently, but the website is down ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here