Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peterborough away....TERRACES!!!

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
Where will away fans be housed once they knock down the terrace? Can't see the new stand being ready in time for our visit in January.

Away fans are going to be housed in the main stand i was realieably informed last time I was down there to see the extended family. 2500 tixs i think was the number thrown at me or was it 2000. I cant remember :shrug:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Away fans are going to be housed in the main stand i was realieably informed last time I was down there to see the extended family. 2500 tixs i think was the number thrown at me or was it 2000. I cant remember :shrug:

Cheers, 2000 should be plenty.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well an all in jolly at the test match seemed the better bet, but the rain messed that up.

Well as Peterboro isnt till middle ish of Jan im sure there are plenty of opportunities to rack up the loyalty points.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I thought we were getting another block next to the seated area we usually get, so that would be about 1600?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Errrmmmmm really??

Funny, there was me thinking we averaged about 6k for the last god knows how many years.

Perhaps, but I remember 30k at the Goldstone fairly regularly so the support was always there. Here, with a 50% Asian community football isn't exactly that important. You can get an adult ticket for all home games plus two kids for about £250 and they still have loads left!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Perhaps, but I remember 30k at the Goldstone fairly regularly so the support was always there. Here, with a 50% Asian community football isn't exactly that important. You can get an adult ticket for all home games plus two kids for about £250 and they still have loads left!

Fair point, but you could use Reading as another example. They never used to get more than 4 or 5k at Elm Park but the new ground and all that came with it (better players, higher divisions etc) has meant they probably now have a core of about 13k and for big games get another 7k on top of that.

Posh fan I work with told me last week , the local council are considering planning permission on a new stadium . If that goes ahead , then there is no need to rebuild parts of London Road and it can stay intact until the new one is built.
They may remain intact, but I can't see the FL allowing them to be used. The all-seater rule for our division was in force even before Peterborough's previous promotion, so how they are still getting away with terraces this season is beyond me.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I was a bit gutted pre season at the thought of going to London road this year in a crappy all seater stand behind the goal as loads of people had said was happening.

Was f***ing delighted to notice during their game on tv last wkend that they still have the terraces behind the gosal for the awy fans (and at the home end) ... what a TOUCH i cant wait to get down there now..

One of the best away fixtures there is... altogether now "Nightmare on London road....."!!!

This with mahoosive bells on !!!:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::):):)

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I am amazed that they are still there...As I said in my previous post over a year ago I spoke to Barry Fry and he said that they would be gone by January. However I think they are having all sorts of issues with the council, etc..but now at this time they are in breach of Football League rules.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here