Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peterborough away....TERRACES!!!

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
I was a bit gutted pre season at the thought of going to London road this year in a crappy all seater stand behind the goal as loads of people had said was happening.

Was f***ing delighted to notice during their game on tv last wkend that they still have the terraces behind the gosal for the awy fans (and at the home end) ... what a TOUCH i cant wait to get down there now..

One of the best away fixtures there is... altogether now "Nightmare on London road....."!!!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They're knocking them down in October. You'd better hope we get them in the next round of the League Cup.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I had this exact same train of jubilation followed by crushing disappointment when I saw this a couple of weeks ago.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Posh in brief: Last chance to stand in Moys’ End Terrace and season ticket sales
Published on Tuesday 12 April 2011 09:24

THERE is a last chance for Peterborough United fans to stand on the Moys’ End Terrace when Yeovil visit London Road for a League One fixture on Easter Monday (April 25).

The terrace, which is usually reserved for away supporters, is being demolished in the summer and replaced by a stand.

Season ticket holders can bring a mate to Moys’ End for just £10 by bringing voucher Y from their season ticket books on the day of the game.

Yeovil are not expected to bring enough fans to the game to justify use of the Moys’ End. The visiting fans will be accommodated in the main stand on Easter Monday

POSH have sold close to 2,500 season tickets for the 2011-12 campaign. Discount rates are available until close of business on April 17.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hate to rain on your parade buddy but I think they are demolishing it after their game against Leeds.

Leeds fans will wreck it for nothing , why call in a demolition team ?

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Posh in brief: Last chance to stand in Moys’ End Terrace and season ticket sales
Published on Tuesday 12 April 2011 09:24

THERE is a last chance for Peterborough United fans to stand on the Moys’ End Terrace when Yeovil visit London Road for a League One fixture on Easter Monday (April 25).

The terrace, which is usually reserved for away supporters, is being demolished in the summer and replaced by a stand.

Season ticket holders can bring a mate to Moys’ End for just £10 by bringing voucher Y from their season ticket books on the day of the game.

Yeovil are not expected to bring enough fans to the game to justify use of the Moys’ End. The visiting fans will be accommodated in the main stand on Easter Monday

POSH have sold close to 2,500 season tickets for the 2011-12 campaign. Discount rates are available until close of business on April 17.

Surely its past summertime now?? And what a f***ing stupid time to do it mid season, why not wait til May now??!!

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Posh fan I work with told me last week , the local council are considering planning permission on a new stadium . If that goes ahead , then there is no need to rebuild parts of London Road and it can stay intact until the new one is built. He hasn't come back to me yet , but I did sort of tell him that things like planning permission on the stadiums tend to be a bit complicated and take a little while to sort out.
Still we were told 95/96 was our last season at the Goldstone , so there is no reason why the demolition of the Moys End won't be delayed in light of new info.
I will speak to him tomorrow and get an update.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Shame that, one of the few old school terraces left, Peterborough was always a special day out because of the away stand

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
As a resident the local council have been talking about a new stadium for years. However they will agree to anything as long as it doesn't cost them anything. Not a lot of point having a new stadium when home gates average under 8k (More or less).

PS: I have a ticket in the NS, but will be traveling down on a PUFC bus. Are away supporters shepherded to the ground or will I be able to get in easily enough? At least I won't have to wait 45m to get out!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Where will away fans be housed once they knock down the terrace? Can't see the new stand being ready in time for our visit in January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here