Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Ward - A Unique Opportunity

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Peter Ward is, as you know travelling especially from the USA to play for the BHAFC supporters team at REMF 8 next week. He has requested a car for his stay as he wants to be independant and get out and about and meet old friends.

As he is travelling a 7000 mile round trip and shelling out in excess of £ 500 for this travel I think the least the REMF can do is provide this for him.

I want however keep the costs down and therefore am requesting if anyone knows a car firm company that may offer special rates or and this is where you come in can offer Peter Ward the use of a car. It does not have to be a Bentley but something presentable and reliable and safe the great Man can drive in.

You can tell your friends and family " Peter Ward drove my car ". I can no doubt arranging a meeting for you with the great Man to hand the car over and a unique photo opportunity for you.

If you can offer anything please let me know here or PM me.

Thanks.

US

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's been in America for so long that I expect he will need an automatic, I'd lend him mine but it's a manual and I reckon he'd definitely be graunching the gears all week, and being an Alfa it's probably break down on him :lol:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
He's a freeloader. Let him take the bus.
I'll be driving him to Lewes next Friday night.

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004
US

How long does he want one for - if nobody comes up trumps i'll pay for one to be hired for him* as my donation to this years REMF fund.

Just been chatting to my brother about going to the game and how we're looking forward to seeing such a legend in the flesh on the pitch in an albion shirt (we're both too young to have seen him first time round).

* - subject to him not wanting a Bentley as you say and also that he doesn't want it for a month!

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Ive got a K Reg Izuzu Trooper sitting around doing nothing on the driveway.It might need a jump start and drinks deisel but he's welcome to it for however long he wants.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
US

How long does he want one for - if nobody comes up trumps i'll pay for one to be hired for him* as my donation to this years REMF fund.

Just been chatting to my brother about going to the game and how we're looking forward to seeing such a legend in the flesh on the pitch in an albion shirt (we're both too young to have seen him first time round).

* - subject to him not wanting a Bentley as you say and also that he doesn't want it for a month!

Thats an incredible gesture. I will get some quotes and advise the costs and Peter and you can meet up with him.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
I think contacting some local garages may be an option. They could get some great advertsing from this. Insurance for people that live abroad sometimes causes problems though so may have to be the hire option.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Make the fat basket walk.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Surely this is a great opportunity for a local dealership to get some fantastic marketing and promotional work out of this venture.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think contacting some local garages may be an option. They could get some great advertsing from this. Insurance for people that live abroad sometimes causes problems though so may have to be the hire option.

Will your lot be showing Wardy the respect he deserves by allowing him to bang in a quick second half hat trick?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
and shelling out in excess of £ 500 for this travel I think the least the REMF can do is provide this for him.

He is shelling out precisely nothing. He gets free flights as he works for Continental and Jackie works for Delta.

Good of him to come over though...

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
He is shelling out precisely nothing. He gets free flights as he works for Continental and Jackie works for Delta.

Good of him to come over though...

It doesnt matter how he is getting the flights the fact of the matter is he is taking a few days out of his life to fly all the way over to England to play in a Football match with a bunch of people he doesnt even know in memory of another guy he didnt even know!

If all he wants is a car for the week then by golly he is going to get one!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Only joking now Ali. He is a mate of mine though I'm not allowed to admit it.............

I just love the way he freeloads. Make sure you buy him lots of beer.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe the Argus might help out if you schmoozed enough to them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here