Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Thorne

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
My Norwich supporting friend has just informed me that we are after their octogenarian centre forward.

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
I've heard that off a Narwich fan at work too, but think he is quite well paid, so that is that most likely

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Might be alright as a target man for a year?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Nice, but unlikely.
No doubt will be added on to the list of those we have been linked to but didn't get.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
there is no way we would be able to afford some1 that cardiff signed for well over a million and then went on a bosman 2 norwich.he must be on a rite few quid

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
BarrelofFun said:
I have heard he is a rather prickly character.

:lolol:

Where on earth did you get that from? By all accounts, Peter Thorne is one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet. He was very, very popular here in Cardiff, both with the fans and with his fellow players.

Thorne was always the first player to turn up for any club functions (Christmas parties for kids, hospital visits, player of the year awards nights for the supporters, etc), and always the last to leave too.

He's said to be a clean-living type of character and a regular church goer. I've been told by several well-connected people at CCFC that he was an excellent influence on the club's younger players. The likes of Robert Earnshaw and Cameron Jerome have both spoken very highly of him in the press.

I've never met the man myself, but everybody I know who has thought he was a great guy, so I've no idea where you get this 'prickly character' nonsense from.

The biggest problem with Thorne is that he is far too injury prone. He seems very unlucky on that score, having picked up a couple of nasty long-term injuries while he was here, and having been out injured for much of last season at Norwich.

He gave us decent service during his time here, and did much better for us in the Championship than I thought he would. He is not an out and out target man and lacks a bit of pace, but he's very good with his head and he's an expert close-range finisher who scores his fair share of goals.

I regard him as a clever player who would bring out the best in your young strikers - both Earnie and Jerome apparently loved playing alongside him. However, I would be surpised if you managed to land him. He was our highest earner alongside Danny Gabbidon before he moved to Norwich last summer. I can't imagine he would come cheap, although maybe Norwich would pay a fair percentage of his wages if they want him off their payroll.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Laughing Bluebird said:

Where on earth did you get that from? By all accounts, Peter Thorne is one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet. He was very, very popular here in Cardiff, both with the fans and with his fellow players.

Thorne was always the first player to turn up for any club functions (Christmas parties for kids, hospital visits, player of the year awards nights for the supporters, etc), and always the last to leave too.

He's said to be a clean-living type of character and a regular church goer. I've been told by several well-connected people at CCFC that he was an excellent influence on the club's younger players. The likes of Robert Earnshaw and Cameron Jerome have both spoken very highly of him in the press.

I've never met the man myself, but everybody I know who has thought he was a great guy, so I've no idea where you get this 'prickly character' nonsense from.

Peter THORNE. Think about it. :lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:

The biggest problem with Thorne is that he is far too injury prone. He seems very unlucky on that score, having picked up a couple of nasty long-term injuries while he was here, and having been out injured for much of last season at Norwich.

He gave us decent service during his time here, and did much better for us in the Championship than I thought he would. He is not an out and out target man and lacks a bit of pace, but he's very good with his head and he's an expert close-range finisher who scores his fair share of goals.

I regard him as a clever player who would bring out the best in your young strikers - both Earnie and Jerome apparently loved playing alongside him. However, I would be surpised if you managed to land him. He was our highest earner alongside Danny Gabbidon before he moved to Norwich last summer. I can't imagine he would come cheap, although maybe Norwich would pay a fair percentage of his wages if they want him off their payroll.

Thank you for that... very interesting... sounds good, although the injury-prone bit is an obviois worry (we've been there before, and several times!), and we are skint, so I guess it is very unlikely...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here