Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Reid

E

enigma

I never really saw Peter Reid as a player, how good was he? Believe he was a defensive midfielder? I only ask as I saw him on the new Carlsberg ad and I was quite surprised, given some of the other players on the other advert.

In terms of his managerial career, while I dont rate him now, I was surprised to learn that he took Man City to two consecutive fifth place finishes when he was there. I think he did a good job at Sunderland as well, although he stayed on too long. Since then he has gone downhill, taking the Leeds job was a bad move and his record at Coventry was poor.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We would be in raptures to have a midfielder half as good as he was :)

Left standing by Maradona in the 'hand of god match', but not much shame in that as I was a fantastic goal.
I always wanted him to do well as a manager as he seems like a genuine nice bloke. Maybe he needs to drop a couple of divisions to sharpen his skills again.
I think the problem with managers like him ,Curbishly and Big Sam is that they are never given a chance with a really top club with loads of cash so we never get to see their full potential.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
But he's got a monkey heid!!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
He's an irritating scouse monkey and a crap manager to boot. Good player though.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
enigma said:
I only ask as I saw him on the new Carlsberg ad and I was quite surprised, given some of the other players on the other advert.

Maybe, like the others, he is currently without any current commitments and so had time to film the advert

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Franks Wild Years said:
It's what Newcastle fans used to sing about him: "Peter Reid's got a monkey's heid! (head)".

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Les Biehn said:
I thought that was Big Tel

Nope, he gave us many other horrors but the Roque Horror Show was entirely Reids doing.

Venables left in the March and Roque Horror arrived on the scene in August. :nono: :nono:

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
I was at that game. OMG never again.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I have a selective memory and I wiped that from my brain. His goals against Manchester United are all that remain!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
He played in the first Albion Match I ever saw in 1983. Tough bastard who could pass too, definately the sort you love to have on your team.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
there was a rumour around while he was playing that he was coming to the albion but failed a medical (knees) then went on to play for bolton? and get international caps.

we never found out if this was kosher or what?

great player:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
glasfryn said:
there was a rumour around while he was playing that he was coming to the albion but failed a medical (knees) then went on to play for bolton? and get international caps.

we never found out if this was kosher or what?

great player:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

shock horror we did medicals in those days, why dont we do them anymore?:angry: :angry:

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Quality midfielder but never really cut it as a manager.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Beach Hut said:
Quality midfielder but never really cut it as a manager.

Did a better job at Man City then anyone since and had a good run at Sunderland.

I thought when he came into the England team in and around the 1986 World Cup, his arrival really took the England team forward, fine linking midfielder, looked really comfortable playing international football, which is something you cannot say about a lot of the England midfielders down the years.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
London Irish said:
I thought when he came into the England team in and around the 1986 World Cup, his arrival really took the England team forward, fine linking midfielder, looked really comfortable playing international football, which is something you cannot say about a lot of the England midfielders down the years.

Pretty certain he carried a groin injury throughout the WC in '86 as he hardly played the following season.

You are correct he made a big difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here