Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Personal DAB radios.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I have a Pure highway dab radio which doubles as a car DAB and personal DAB and to be honest the reception is not the best. Sometimes its fine but others you get nothing but the bbc channels.

Its fine in the car with an extra ariel but as a personal player it is fairly poor, dedicated ones may be better though.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I had a small one to take on the train to London. It cost £99. It was complete crap so I took it back and got my money back.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I had a small one to take on the train to London. It cost £99. It was complete crap so I took it back and got my money back.

Was it something to do with the reception on a train, with all the electricity present? Or was it just generally crap? :thumbsup:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Was it something to do with the reception on a train, with all the electricity present? Or was it just generally crap? :thumbsup:

I think it was the reception in Sussex actually. Once I got to central London there were lots of stations: but I still couldn't get any BBC stations - and I really wanted it for 5 live or 5 live sports extra - and I couldnt get them at all.

I've had a Pure PocketDAB 2000 for a couple of years, which I mainly use for taking to Withdean so I can listen to the post-match phone-in on BBC Radio Gaga. On FM.

Digital radio reception is generally sub-standard out here in the wilds of rural East Sussex, but it just about passes muster for Radio Five Live. And it's got a nice feature that allows MP2 recordings to be made of radio programmes.

Take it to London, though, and digital radio performance is good enough to keep me happy.

The rechargeable battery only lets me down if I neglect it.

I've had a Pure PocketDAB 2000 for a couple of years, which I mainly use for taking to Withdean so I can listen to the post-match phone-in on BBC Radio Gaga. On FM.

Digital radio reception is generally sub-standard out here in the wilds of rural East Sussex, but it just about passes muster for Radio Five Live. And it's got a nice feature that allows MP2 recordings to be made of radio programmes.

Take it to London, though, and digital radio performance is good enough to keep me happy.

The rechargeable battery only lets me down if I neglect it.

The Govt. wants to axe the analogue transmissions as they are doing with TV, but don't have the guts to announce it. This means not only will we have to buy new radios (no "set-top" boxes will be possible), there'll be no weak signal reception i.e.say goodbye to SCR outside its coverage area.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I have a Pure pocket DAB1500 and it is absolutely fantastic. I wouldn't be without it. Its the one with the Talksport logo on and better than the previous model because it has a rechargeable battery pack. I went on the Costa express to Leeds on Saturday and listened to it from 7.30 am until 10.30pm. The signal is fine in Brighton and north of Crawley, but in that forgotten outpost that is Mid Sussex, no good.
My pocket DAB is the best gadget I own and I don't know where I'd be without it. I just hope that there's something worth listening to at Withdean this weekend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here