Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Permanent Club Captain...

Who should the permanent club captain be?...

• Total voters

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Although Crofts was good yesterday, I'd say Gary Dicker.

He is a class above us, and leads by example. I think Gus will buy a player that plays like himself, meaning one of the 2 midfielders will get dropped. Dicker alongside a goalscoring midfielder would be amazing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought Dicker before the Saints game, now would probably be happy with him or Crofts.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dicker is a class above when on the ball but I think he does give the ball away too easily and regularly , something I hope Gus will sort out.

As for captain, Fence, don't think it's a major issue. Happy for Forster or Crofts but not overly bothered

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
dicker probably, and he`s not on the list, but here`s a thing, i actually dont think the fans can pick a captain entirely, as you need to know what theyre like off the field as well as on, with the way they speak and interact with the players and staff, whether they command enough respect etc, something you cant tell unless youre in the coaching squad. We havent got a massively obvious choice like a cullip, horton or foster type player, they do seem overall to be a little bit much of a muchness. From afar though, id say Dicker.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I agree with the Dicker/Crofts crowd

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Dicker would not be a good captain IMO anyway, Crofts for me as I like a captain in the middle of the park.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
If there's one thing where fans opinion should count for nothing it would be for picking captain. We're all going on what we've seen on the pitch/caught glimpses of what players are like through interveiws - you need a lot more than infomation like that to decide who the captain should be!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
crofts must have stood out in training and did himself no harm yesterday so would keep him.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm with BG on this. I don't think anyone currently at the club will be the choice for captain after January. However, I think it's an experienced CB and/or commanding midfielder that will be brought in and take over the captaincy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here