Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People are saying this is the biggest game of the season,

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
with all respect to Peterborough, it's not.

I :love: Gus

His interviews are worth the Seagulls player fee alone

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
For us it's just another game.No different to when we playd B'muff a few weeks back.
However,Peterborough are saying it's a massive 6 pointer,cup final game etc. The importance they attach to this match tells me that they're seriously scared of playing us. I don't think they're up for this at all
I'm loving the fact that Gus & co. seem to have a psycological edge over lots of teams at the moment ( with the possible exception of woking !)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As a fan it IS the biggest game of the season, if only for that terrace; however for the team, probably not.

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010
For us it's just another game.No different to when we playd B'muff a few weeks back.
However,Peterborough are saying it's a massive 6 pointer,cup final game etc. The importance they attach to this match tells me that they're seriously scared of playing us. I don't think they're up for this at all
I'm loving the fact that Gus & co. seem to have a psycological edge over lots of teams at the moment ( with the possible exception of woking !)

course it is mate, thats why there are 50,000 threads on here about how you can get tickets for the game....

Look its no-ones Cup Final but its a big game for both teams, and big games with 10,000+ when you play @ an Athletics Stadium, or indeed have a fan base as small(ish) as ours should be welcomed by all :thumbsup:

Standing On The Glebe - The Unofficial Posh Podcast

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
standingontheglebe - in fairness there has been little to maoin about this season so far, and nature abhors a vacuum. So the space normally filled with back biting and moaning about players, manager, Withdean, refs, opponents, ex-players - has been filled with threads about tickets, crowds, season ticket prices etc. It happens every game at the moment. It rpobably won't last. But don't take it as a sign that the Peterborough game is seen as anything more than the next fixture in an exciting season.

As it happens, I think people did perceive B'muff as a bigger game because (a) in recent seasons we have been poor at home, so home for is a good test of our ability to sustain the run (b) they purport to be one of the sides that play football - so a like for like test (although it wasn't).

Every game is bloody exciting at the moment - and as Falmer gets ever close, it's going to be like this all season.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's not our biggest game this season, and possibly not even our biggest game so far.

Southampton will be the biggest as they were expected to walk the league!

I'm not concerned about Posh, they can't defend so a comfortable win should be on the cards

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I remember the game against Chesterfield inj 2001, we lost that one thanks in no small part to bad referring, however we ended up as CHAMPIONS. So let the good people of Peterboro make a big deal of this game, they still have to turn up at Withdean anyway.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I can see where people are coming from by saying "It's the biggest game of the season"; however win, lose or draw it's just another game towards our promotion bid.

The players will know the importance of the game as I'm sure will both sets of supporters but it's a case of where we are in May that counts and not early November.

Credit to Gus for saying we are going there to win but I'm sure at 4.50pm he'll be over the moon with a draw, the key is not to give those clubs around us too may points and to beat those teams mid to bottom half as we have done to date bar Sheffield Wednesday.

One thing I'd bet on is that it won't be a nil-nil draw.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
At least no one's saying it's a 'must win' game. We haven't had one of those since Rochdale!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This

standingontheglebe - in fairness there has been little to maoin about this season so far, and nature abhors a vacuum. So the space normally filled with back biting and moaning about players, manager, Withdean, refs, opponents, ex-players - has been filled with threads about tickets, crowds, season ticket prices etc. It happens every game at the moment. It rpobably won't last. But don't take it as a sign that the Peterborough game is seen as anything more than the next fixture in an exciting season.

As it happens, I think people did perceive B'muff as a bigger game because (a) in recent seasons we have been poor at home, so home for is a good test of our ability to sustain the run (b) they purport to be one of the sides that play football - so a like for like test (although it wasn't).

Every game is bloody exciting at the moment - and as Falmer gets ever close, it's going to be like this all season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
AND This

I remember the game against Chesterfield inj 2001, we lost that one thanks in no small part to bad referring, however we ended up as CHAMPIONS. So let the good people of Peterboro make a big deal of this game, they still have to turn up at Withdean anyway.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
The f***... last time i checked, two of the top three teams playing each other counts as a big game?

I'm psyched because of our form, terrace stand, I love aways but only do like, 3/4 a year AND its a big game (not like Northampton in the LC :glare:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
my original point was, I just loved Gus' quote

Honesty in an interview makes them so much more interesting, and, I didn't even go on about his beautiful rant about wanting to see a game of FOOTBALL

Gus!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here