Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pennant should have got straight red!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
How the f*** did Howard Web not see that clearly. Blatant studs up on Greer's shin with no attempt to play the ball.

Not important in this game but could have put our skipper out for vital games.

Juan Neal

Oct 20, 2005
What was most shocking is the fact it was totally uncalled for. Why go in studs up at that stage in the game? Disgusting. If Greer had be hurt it could have cost us big time in the league.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
What was most shocking is the fact it was totally uncalled for. Why go in studs up at that stage in the game? Disgusting. If Greer had be hurt it could have cost us big time in the league.

Disgraceful challenge ....thought GG was going to lose it.....

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing

Can't believe why he did it.

Possible career ending.

Wanker.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Scraping your studs down a players leg is only a yellow card offence if you're in a Premier League side.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Was it really that clear? No-one around me (including myself) really saw it. Looks like I should pay more attention.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought it was pretty telling that none if our players complained to the ref and Poyet stayed on the bench. If that had been a league game The players would have surrounded the ref and Poyet would have been going mental. Only one who seemed bothered was Greer and understandably so.

I thought it was pretty telling that none if our players complained to the ref and Poyet stayed on the bench. If that had been a league game The players would have surrounded the ref and Poyet would have been going mental. Only one who seemed bothered was Greer and understandably so.

Perhaps then it wasn't THAT bad a challenge?

I don't know, I haven't seen it, but can't imagine the reaction from teammates depends on the importance of the match.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
It was a bad challenge, you can clearly see he is aiming way to high to even say he was going for the ball, but I didn't see what happened clearly until I saw the replay.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
GG doesn't normally get that wound up so could tell it was bad before they showed the replay on the tele

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here