Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peaceful On-the-pitch Demo @wycombe

Status
Not open for further replies.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
So who's up for it+no doubt someones already mentioned it!

But if all the 1500+ albion fans walk on b4 the kick off...what can they do?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Why not hilton? it may sound absurd..but all area's must be covered...and we cannot play on saturday @ wfc without us doing something @ the ground....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not a good idea, encroaching on a pitch is an offense, also it should not be Wycombe's issue

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
out of the question, ruin our promotion chances by displaying acts of "football hooliganism" is the way the press would see it.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
ben andrews girlfriend said:
no, an invasion of the pitch will only give us bad publicity and will not help

I disagree!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
byf said:
Why not hilton? it may sound absurd..but all area's must be covered...and we cannot play on saturday @ wfc without us doing something @ the ground....

There are already plans for Saturday at WWFC-before and after the game.

Don't you read this board properly? Pitch invasions will be counter productive.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Just you I think byf.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
CrabtreeBHA said:
out of the question, ruin our promotion chances by displaying acts of "football hooliganism" is the way the press would see it.

Not if it was a planned invasion that wycombe have agreed to let us do..with tv cameras there it seem the perfect chance to walk the surround of the pitch with a banner...tell me im wrong?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
byf said:
Not if it was a planned invasion that wycombe have agreed to let us do..with tv cameras there it seem the perfect chance to walk the surround of the pitch with a banner...tell me im wrong?

Are you bloody stupid - it is an offence to go onto a football pitch if a fan, therefore Wycombe will not support it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Don't do it.

Even if it was a peaceful and noble gesture; even if Wycombe said OK, there are still brain dead morons in the press and on TV who would label us as 'hooligans', and that would only set our campaign backwards.

We need positive exposure.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Beach Hut said:
Are you bloody stupid - it is an offence to go onto a football pitch if a fan, therefore Wycombe will not support it.

So its an offence for a planned on pitch walk that the police and wfc have let us do...Ive seen it done before,How am i stupid..I think its a bloody good idea and will get the footie world on are side..better than a fcukin wander outside the downing street gates!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
The Large One said:
Don't do it.

Even if it was a peaceful and noble gesture; even if Wycombe said OK, there are still brain dead morons in the press and on TV who would label us as 'hooligans', and that would only set our campaign backwards.

We need positive exposure.

But how can we be labbeled hooligans when we have a big banner and the tannoy guy has told eveery1 the reasons behind it!

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
I tried a peaceful on-the-pitch demo at scumhurst park last season at the Wimbledon game and got ejected from the ground so not a good idea:nono:

United we must stand

Brighton till I die...

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
BenElton'sBrother said:
I tried a peaceful on-the-pitch demo at scumhurst park last season at the Wimbledon game and got ejected from the ground so not a good idea:nono:

United we must stand

Brighton till I die...

I was @ that game and didnt see 1500+ doing it+where was your big banner and backing of wimbledon football club?

People arnt understnading what im saying...If i do all the work and try and get wfc and local police to agree will every1 do it...im sayin no law is broken and all sides are agrreable..you with me?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
byf said:
So its an offence for a planned on pitch walk that the police and wfc have let us do...Ive seen it done before,How am i stupid..I think its a bloody good idea and will get the footie world on are side..better than a fcukin wander outside the downing street gates!

If you are so confident arrange it legally but I cannot see how it will ever happen.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
byf said:
But how can we be labbeled hooligans when we have a big banner and the tannoy guy has told eveery1 the reasons behind it!

byf, just shut up and listen to other people

it doesn't matter if you go on the pitch with flowers shoved up your arse, it is the WRONG THING TO DO. the media would much rather have a PITCH INVASION story than a peaceful protest one. They don't play fair, we have to be spotless

Now stop getting so worked up people don't like YOUR idea and get on with helping out

ALBION!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here