Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PC help required

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
My parents PC has been running fairly slowly for ages now, pages take a while to load and also when you click on a link it can sometimes open up another window to something unwanted like google search - we have found that on the occasions where this has happened if you go back and follow the link again to get the page you were originally after to display.

Recently there was a thread which included a Malware download, however following this link only leads to a message saying that this page cannot be displayed.

Does this sound like a Malware issue or something else - any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Bill the Bus

Jun 14, 2010
cannot help personally but these guys are very good and free. Takes a couple of days for your first reply, may be worth reading threads to see if you can find an answer.

Helps if i post the link haha

Tech Support Forum

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
My parents PC has been running fairly slowly for ages now, pages take a while to load and also when you click on a link it can sometimes open up another window to something unwanted like google search - we have found that on the occasions where this has happened if you go back and follow the link again to get the page you were originally after to display.

Recently there was a thread which included a Malware download, however following this link only leads to a message saying that this page cannot be displayed.

Does this sound like a Malware issue or something else - any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Could be something CWShredder could help with, had similar problems myself, no guarantees though :) :
Download CWShredder 2.19 Free - A small utility for removing the browser hijack CoolWebSearch and its variants - Softpedia

DanielT

If your PC has been running slow for ages, you could have any number of problems with it. Some will say run this, run that, and you'll spend hours and hours, but you can never be sure you've got everything. Best bet is to backup important stuff like photos and documents, and then reinstall.

Its a pain, but takes less time in the end, and it will take the PC back to the day you bought it. Update, update update, and then you should be using a much faster PC again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here