Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pay Back time

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I hang my head in shame ......

As some regular NSCers know, I have lived near Wrexham for the past 7 months and feel quite settled here.

A couple of weeks ago I was driving down to Sainsburys with my 4 year old Nathan - who is now a veteran of three Fans United days and three Albion matches - and passed the Racecourse Ground.

We started talking about football and I promised Nathan I would buy him a new Brighton shirt - as his toddler one is now too small.

He suddenly said: "But I don't support Brighton, Dad... I support Wrexham ..... I want a Wrexham shirt!"

What have I done?
:sheep: :thud:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Nothing to reproach yourself for Nic, at least he's following the local team. If he'd asked for a Man U or Liverpool shirt THEN you could consider yourself a failure!

I'm sure he'll always have a soft spot for Brighton.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Brovian said:
Nothing to reproach yourself for Nic, at least he's following the local team. If he'd asked for a Man U or Liverpool shirt THEN you could consider yourself a failure!

What he said. I am in more danger - I live in Guildford so I am trying my hardest to stop my three year old supporting Chelski.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Did the same to my dad at about the same age - got taken to a few Albion games living down in the area, and after that wouldn't have any interest in supporting QPR like the old man wanted.

He accepted it and now he's a full-time Albion follower - watch yourself mate!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Arthur has two Brighton shirts hanging over his cot - they've been there since the day he arrived on this earth - so I think we've already subliminally programmed him :clap: :blush:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
tedebear said:
Arthur has two Brighton shirts hanging over his cot - they've been there since the day he arrived on this earth - so I think we've already subliminally programmed him :clap: :blush:

I tried the same with Nathan..... National Falmer Day when he was just turned 2, and an Albion shirt at the same age, trips to see Albion away at Preston, Burnley and Crewe, singing GOSBT in the car and even his own copy of Tom Hark to which he knows all the words and loves the Donkey Derby ... but total failure.

He says he supports Wrexham cos (a) he likes Red (b) Rex the Dragon (their mascot) throws sweets to the kids and (c) he can see the ground from his bedroom window! (d) his friends support Wrexham!!!!

My dad and grandad were Newcastle United supporters, so I suppose what goes around comes around!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
another shit season like last year and I may take my mate up and go and be a glory hunter at Arsenal ( He offered me tickets for the first 6 home games at the new Emirates stadium as his Brother In Law whose ticket it is , is in Iraq!!)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Safeway said:
Don't they do Brighton/Wrexham shirts? I've heard you can get the scarf.....

tsk tsk

young man

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Same happened to me. My 2 lads were born in Suffolk and lived there until their teens. Although they were exposed to the mighty Albion over 20 years by me taking them to as many matches as I could we also went to Ipswich a lot. Afraid in the end their allegience was to Ipswich Town FC. A shame but they do support what was their local club. If it cannot be The Albion then Ipswich is a good choice. Meanwhile I'm back in Sussex watching my beloved Albion.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Brovian said:

Absolutely. He's chosen his local team, rather than become a Premiership sheep. You should be proud.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As Laura( BAG) will be spending the next three odd years down in Southampton and as she looked horrendously bored the last time I took her to Withdean ( Yes I know I am a wicked parent) I fully expect her to becaome a Saint.....and who could blame her.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
On the Left Wing said:
I tried the same with Nathan..... National Falmer Day when he was just turned 2, and an Albion shirt at the same age, trips to see Albion away at Preston, Burnley and Crewe, singing GOSBT in the car and even his own copy of Tom Hark to which he knows all the words and loves the Donkey Derby ... but total failure.

He says he supports Wrexham cos (a) he likes Red (b) Rex the Dragon (their mascot) throws sweets to the kids and (c) he can see the ground from his bedroom window! (d) his friends support Wrexham!!!!

My dad and grandad were Newcastle United supporters, so I suppose what goes around comes around!

Hmmm well the BHA ground wherever it will be is our local ground - so Arthur doesn't have much choice - I guess you make a rod for your own back when you live out of the area I spose.....but you gotta do what you gotta do...

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
When we moved to Scotland as kids I used to nag my old man to take me to see the local team play (it was lossiemouth at the time) and all the RAF bases we were carted around I still follow the local teams that we used to go and see at the time (Lossie, Aberdeen, Shalke 04 even bloody Newquay FC)

I think its great that he didnt say he wanted to see Man U or that ilk.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
What's the problem.

You're son (sensible lad) wants to support his local side, get your arse down to Wrexham's club shop and by him one.

Mind you, I'd still get him the new Albion top.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
On the Left Wing said:
I hang my head in shame ......

As some regular NSCers know, I have lived near Wrexham for the past 7 months and feel quite settled here.

A couple of weeks ago I was driving down to Sainsburys with my 4 year old Nathan - who is now a veteran of three Fans United days and three Albion matches - and passed the Racecourse Ground.

We started talking about football and I promised Nathan I would buy him a new Brighton shirt - as his toddler one is now too small.

He suddenly said: "But I don't support Brighton, Dad... I support Wrexham ..... I want a Wrexham shirt!"

What have I done?
:sheep: :thud:
One other point ..... Are YOU going to become a full-time Wrexham fan ? ............

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Re: Re: Pay Back time

Brovian said:
One other point ..... Are YOU going to become a full-time Wrexham fan ? ............

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That was NO!

:lolol: :D :D :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here