Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paula Radcliffe POLL

Well what is she?

• Shes A Wobbly Headed Quitter with long Socks

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Poor Paula, Unlucky and a Champion in my eyes.

Votes: 36 66.7%

• Total voters

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Quitter or Poor Paula.

Just to stop any falling out, just type your answer no opinions

Last edited:

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
I ain't so sure on this one. After all given what she is payed and everything then she should have at least finished no matter if it was last and hours after everyone else.

After all footballers are expected to play for 10 months so it is a tough one.

I think she is a quitter tbh and disgraced team GB.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Legend

On Channel 5 yesterday, they had a poll about her, The question was...

Do you think Paula should have finished the race?

Yes

No

WELL IF SHE COULDN'T FINISH, HOW COULD SHE HAVE FINISHED, IT WAS ABOUT 30 DEGREES OUT THERE AND YOU EXPECT HER TO FINISH! f***ing PEOPLE, WHO coMES UP WITH THIS CRAP! WHY DON'T YOU TRY RUNNING A MARATHON AT 30-35 DEGREES! :angry:

Last edited:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
CAFC Matt said:
I ain't so sure on this one. After all given what she is payed and everything then she should have at least finished no matter if it was last and hours after everyone else.

After all footballers are expected to play for 10 months so it is a tough one.

I think she is a quitter tbh and disgraced team GB.

how can you compare footballers to marathon runners?

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
What I am saying is that they are payed to prepare andeverything. It is there job to finish and so she should have done no matter how long it took.

I can't phone in work today and say that I am too tired to ocme in can I ???

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
CAFC Matt said:
What I am saying is that they are payed to prepare andeverything. It is there job to finish and so she should have done no matter how long it took.

Well said, Footballers are trained athletes! I am a trained Consultant, she is a trained runner, her jobs is tireing my stressfull, but I still last all week.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Why is this Paula Radcliffe shit causing so much irritation? Its a marathon. Not exactly the most exciting of events is it?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
CAFC Matt said:

Of course you can, that's the whole point, but it is very VERY different for athlete's.

I cannot believe this is even being debated. The woman is a fantastic athlete. Her achievements speak for themselves so far, and I suspect there's more to come.

She may have failed this time round, but in oppresive 38C heat, she still made it 35km. That's a fantastic achievement for a northern European in that kind of heat, and there were only 20 women that managed to finish the race.

As for letting team GB down, that's the biggest crock of shit I have heard in a long time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What would you have thought if Stuart Pearce had reacted like Paula when interviewed after his penalty miss that scuppered the nation's football hopes ???

DCgull

Jul 18, 2003
SW London
I 'ran' the Boston Marathon this year in searing heat. I am no professional (this was reflected in my time) but I have a great deal of sympathy with Radcliffe. The only reason I finished was because I didn't push myself too hard, a luxury that she didn't have.
Running in those conditions is no fun at all.

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
she trained for more than two years for the race with the best possible support in the best possible locations - shock horror it was hot in Athens - what was she expecting, snow?

she got the tactics all wrong and ran from the front when it was too fast for her and then she quit. End of story. No glorious failure just the end of two years work crying in a gutter - no wonder she was upset.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here