Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Simpson on Mark McGhee...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Naturally I've never, ever seen any other player complain about an ex manager before.

Trigger, get a life.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
More personal abuse Frank? Get a life. :p

I actually found it a good read and if you studied it carefully enough you will actually see the new manager that came in didn't rate Simpson either so McGhee could well have been correct even if his methods were a little wrong...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
What does Paul Simpson know about management?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Sorry, I missed out the :lolol: at the end. of that. :)

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
What does Paul Simpson know about management?

Not as much as McGhee obviously, never managed above League 2 has he? Don't think McGhee has had to go that low for a job??

Be interested to see what he does at preston but at the moment he's an unproven novice at a decent level.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
"but Mark McGhee wasn’t honest"

Not the first time that has been said.

My gut feeling is that Paul Simpson is a fecking liar :lolol:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
"I learned a lot from the way I was treated by McGhee. Whether they are in the team or not, you shouldn’t treat someone like a piece of dirt.

You have got to be respectful. As long as players come in and work hard, you shouldn’t treat any of them any differently."

Interesting.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
A present for Trigger, Silent Bob, Kinky and Toad

:ppresent

Last edited:

caz

Aug 10, 2005
Repugnant Toad said:
"I learned a lot from the way I was treated by McGhee. Whether they are in the team or not, you shouldn’t treat someone like a piece of dirt.

You have got to be respectful. As long as players come in and work hard, you shouldn’t treat any of them any differently."

Interesting.

Very Interesting.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I know Paul Simpson from his time at Carlisle pretty well. Among football managers, he's one of the most decent, straight-up-and-down people I can think of.

The new job at Preston may have inflated his ego somewhat, but I for one would tend to take what he said fairly seriously.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Server Error in '/' Application.

Server Too Busy

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server Too Busy

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +148

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

Trigger you have killed the website

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
Simmo can f*** right off....YES he is a fantastic young manager, got rid of the piss heads, got rid of Knighton's signings, made us a better club...but has lost serious amounts of credibility with his home town boy antics "all I ever wanted to do is manage this club...Blah, blah blah"..One phone call from Penis Nob End and he decides to join the C**ts within 2hrs....:angry:
thumb45816.gif

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Monkster said:
Simmo can f*** right off....YES he is a fantastic young manager, got rid of the piss heads, got rid of Knighton's signings, made us a better club...but has lost serious amounts of credibility with his home town boy antics "all I ever wanted to do is manage this club...Blah, blah blah"..One phone call from Penis Nob End and he decides to join the C**ts within 2hrs....:angry:
thumb45816.gif

"Not an honest man" is what you are saying then? Oh dear pot kettle black :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here