Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Merson

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Duncan H said:
I thought you meant the comedian at first.

I'm not sure if political satire would make a good team talk.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
It was on SCR as well. Apparently Dick has been talking to him, about coming in as player manager. My first reaction is that I would rather someone with experience, he was still is (in fact still is) a great player, but has no coaching experience.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
well that would a stupid move, like bringing in Tony Adams without the degree and coaching badges, he's even more of a mess than Adams and Pompey got shot of him last season because of his continuing gambling habit, what a weird and dreadful choice he would be.:censored:

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't he move from Pompey to Walsall as his family was there??? Can't see him wanting to move back south if thats the case.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Not to be sniffed at!

SiNZ

Oct 2, 2003
Stoaty Ferret said:
It was on SCR as well. Apparently Dick has been talking to him, about coming in as player manager. My first reaction is that I would rather someone with experience, he was still is (in fact still is) a great player, but has no coaching experience.

Was it on SCR after appearing in the Daily Mirror or before? Suspect the former and that SCR are just picking up on the tabloid report.

Can't really see this. I'm not particularly in favour of Tony Adams due to his lack of experience. But Merson has nothing to even theoretically suggest he can be a manager. Does he?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
The only positive side to an appointment like this is that we would have a quality player in the midfield who could definately help us win the championship and I'm sure Bob Booker and co would stay in place so we still have the coaching side remaining stable.
Maybe give him a go? Surely Dick wouldn't even consider him if he didn't come across well?
Gotta be better than Hinsh!!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
hmmmmmmmmm, i need to think about this !!!

Merson, hmmmmmmmmm

Merson wouldn't want to move his family, whereas Adams is based in London, so could travel easily.

I personally think Adams would be a good buy. Brooker :)lolol: ) could have a more in depth role. Said this before though.

Personally, I feel that Booker will be the new manager if (when) SC goes.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
getting merson would be a huge gamble !!

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
I think he'd be quality (as long as he still played). He might need help staying away from the bright lights of the palarse pier, but that said he would take us back to the 1st....I don't think it's a bad thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here