Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul McCartney

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Really? I may be wrong but I think his last sort-of-half-decent album was "Band on the Run" and his last half-decent song was "Live and Let Die".

Can you name anything else he's done since he left the Beatles that's not horrbibly dated, horribly kitsch or just plain horrible?

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I like Macca, saw him live at Knebworth and he was totaly awesome

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Really? I may be wrong but I think his last sort-of-half-decent album was "Band on the Run" and his last half-decent song was "Live and Let Die".

Can you name anything else he's done since he left the Beatles that's not horrbibly date, horribly kitsch or just plain horrible?

It's a live concert. So it's mainly Wings and Beatles hits.

No need to worry about the mediocre stuff!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's a live concert. So it's mainly Wings and Beatles hits.

No need to worry about the mediocre stuff!

If he's doing the Wings back catalogue then it will be chocka full of mediocre stuff.

But seriously - can you really say he's still got it if he's peddling stuff that he wrote nearly 50 years ago? It'll be like every other Paul McCartney concert anyone's ever been to - him getting rocky to "Get Back" and "Live and Let Die", him getting schmalzy to "Let it Be" and repeat.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Excellent link as well, shame no Linda these days

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If he's doing the Wings back catalogue then it will be chocka full of mediocre stuff.

But seriously - can you really say he's still got it if he's peddling stuff that he wrote nearly 50 years ago? It'll be like every other Paul McCartney concert anyone's ever been to - him getting rocky to "Get Back" and "Live and Let Die", him getting schmalzy to "Let it Be" and repeat.

All good tracks that have stood the test of time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When does this end ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Now if it was Sting......

Good call.

Far be it for me to wish the demise of tired old has-beens but if I did then Sting, Rod Stewart, Tom Jones, Bono, Elton John, Tina Turner and Cher would be on my list.

I hate with a passion when these boring farts do the festival circuit. Even worse when they do ironic cover albums.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here