Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking??

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
What is it with these morons who like to park half their car in my driveway. I have a great big sign on my gates stating 'DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF DRIVEWAY AS IT IS IN USE 24 HOURS A DAY'
I got home tonight and found my neighbours car parked halfway across my drive.
I just about managed to get my car onto drive but left rear end near theirs.
I was having a chat to my mate when the neighbours came out and I asked them why they had parked in my drive as there was a sign etc etc.
I reminded them it was not the first time and I was getting pissed off with it.
They got into their car and asked me to move mine as it was blocking them.
I said, now you know how I feel!!
They looked well pissed off!!
F'ing
:censored:
Rant over!!
Anyone else have these probs??

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I live in a road that only has on street parking, can't say that I am particularly bothered about being right outside my house as long as I am not under a tree, the birds round here have good aim and produce a lot of crap. What gets me is people who don't park considerately and use a space that two cars could easily fit into, I mean, how easy is it to work that out when you abandon your vehicle?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Live near london road, got parking permits here and an 8month wait, have already had my stereo nicked parking 10mins away, theiving :censored:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have seen two cars in the last week or so with a window smashed, can only assume the owner left something worth nicking on display, all fool them. Fortunately I live fairly near the end of a cul-de-sac, apparently thieves don't venture this far down as there is no way for them to escape if they get caught in the act.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
JAMC said:
What is it with these morons who like to park half their car in my driveway. I have a great big sign on my gates stating 'DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF DRIVEWAY AS IT IS IN USE 24 HOURS A DAY'
I got home tonight and found my neighbours car parked halfway across my drive.
I just about managed to get my car onto drive but left rear end near theirs.
I was having a chat to my mate when the neighbours came out and I asked them why they had parked in my drive as there was a sign etc etc.
I reminded them it was not the first time and I was getting pissed off with it.
They got into their car and asked me to move mine as it was blocking them.
I said, now you know how I feel!!
They looked well pissed off!!
F'ing
Rant over!!
Anyone else have these probs??

Nope. The parking round here is fantastic. All new built properties so every house has at least 2 allocated off street parking spaces so theres virtually no traffic parked on the streets or in anyone elses way. It's great.
Doesn't help your situation though obviously.

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
I'm off to calm things down tomorrow...
My plan of attack is.......
I’m sorry for the aggro about your parking in the drive earlier.
At the end of the day, I want to get in and out of the driveway without problems.
There is a sign on the gate for that purpose.
If cars are obstructing my way and I hit them whilst trying to get in and out and it is YOUR car, then who will be moaning!!
You will be screaming police, police.
Please think of it as if it was YOUR own driveway….
You would be frustrated as much as me if it was your own driveway.
If you would like me to, I will bring home a lorry and park it in front of your house and other neighbours houses day in and day out.
I’m not breaking the law (as long as I leave my side lights on at night) but it would be very un-neighbourly of me.
How long would it be before you and others would complain to me about my parking??

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Parking??

Rangdo said:
Nope. The parking round here is fantastic. All new built properties so every house has at least 2 allocated off street parking spaces so theres virtually no traffic parked on the streets or in anyone elses way. It's great.
Doesn't help your situation though obviously.

I see you come from the Bristol area known as Bradley Stoke.
Is it not, also known as Sadly Broke??
I knew someone from that area once.
He too was moaning about parking..
He told me he lived next door to a cock called Rangdo who was always boasting about how many parking spaces he had.
In reality, he never had a pot to piss in!!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Re: Re: Re: Parking??

JAMC said:
I see you come from the Bristol area known as Bradley Stoke.
Is it not, also known as Sadly Broke??
I knew someone from that area once.
He too was moaning about parking..
He told me he lived next door to a cock called Rangdo who was always boasting about how many parking spaces he had.
In reality, he never had a pot to piss in!!

I think calling me a cock on the basis of a flippant reply to one of your posts is a bit much but there you go. Can't beat a good discussion can you? :rolleyes:

I only moved here a year ago and apparently it did used to be nicknamed sadly broke, so I'm told, because of all of the negative equity problems the last time the housing market crashed (which I guess was the same everywhere but was multiplied here because it's all new developments that encourages a lot of investment).

The name certainly doesn't apply now though. The housing market here is not far off Brighton and still rising at a pretty fast rate.

Last edited:

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Parking??

Rangdo said:
I think calling me a cock on the basis of a flippant reply to one of your posts is a bit much but there you go. Can't beat a good discussion can you? :rolleyes:

I only moved here a year ago and apparently it did used to be nicknamed sadly broke, so I'm told, because of all of the negative equity problems the last time the housing market crashed (which I guess was the same everywhere but was multiplied here because it's all new developments that encourages a lot of investment).

The name certainly doesn't apply now though. The housing market here is not far off Brighton and still rising at a pretty fast rate.
Sadly Broke is a big estate.....
Does my mates cock neighbour narrow it down to you??
How many other 'Sadly Broke' inhabitants boast about their parking??
There must be loads and loads....
Don't take it all on one's shoulders!!
:down:

I'm just jesting!!!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
As soon as people get in to cars, its bring the worst out in people.

When my dad died just over 2.5 years ago my mate decided to pop in, he parked just slightly over our neighbours drive as he was not going to be long.

To my amazment our nieghbour got in his car and moved it out the of the way. Why he could not come and ask us politely to move it I dont know.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I have to wait 14 months to get a parking permit in my street! I am planning to move before then anyway! I am forced to move the car every saturday morning before 9 am otherwise a ticket for me.

Sodding council! :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here