Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking Ticket

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
My permit fell off yesterday whilst at work and I received a parking ticket in London.

What do you reckon the chances are of a successful appeal?

Have they got a "Parking Shop", where you can walk in and get a form to appeal against the ticket?

When I had this happen to me problem (in Hove), I popped into the shop at Hove Town Hall, showed them the valid permit, filled in the form and the fine was cancelled without any fuss.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Have they got a "Parking Shop", where you can walk in and get a form to appeal against the ticket?

When I had this happen to me problem (in Hove), I popped into the shop at Hove Town Hall, showed them the valid permit, filled in the form and the fine was cancelled without any fuss.
Don't think London boro councils are so lenient though.It clearly states on Tickets and permits that failing to display the ticket can result in a fine.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
They also take pictures of your car so they can prove it wasn't being displayed.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
My permit fell off yesterday whilst at work and I received a parking ticket in London.

What do you reckon the chances are of a successful appeal?

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

*Under the law of 'What Goes Around Comes Around' I will now except my parking ticket within the next 3months!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Thats not the christmas spirit now is it Mark:laugh:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

*Under the law of 'What Goes Around Comes Around' I will now except my parking ticket within the next 3months!

Agreed, it is fairly amusing........

However, surely if I can prove I do indeed have a permit they can't fine me?

The "Parking Shop" is in Brixton and they are about as useful as an inflatable dart board!

Agreed, it is fairly amusing........

However, surely if I can prove I do indeed have a permit they can't fine me?

The "Parking Shop" is in Brixton and they are about as useful as an inflatable dart board!

They can fine you if your permit wasn't on display when you got the ticket. You can either pay the fine or appeal against it. I believe most (if not all) London boroughs have an independant adjudicator to handle appeal cases. Unfortunately London boroughs are only interested in dishing out as many tickets as they can thus generating revenue and their wardens are under a lot of pressure to do so, fairly or otherwise.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
If anyone cares, my appeal was succesful.

I worte a letter stating that my permit fell out of my window and sent it along with a photo copy of said permit and accompanying letter.

Jobe done! :whisky:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Good news - Lambeth do now have a stated policy of 'fairer' parking guidelines.

Wandsworth on the other hand... :rant:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
you have to try.....

I have got off 4 similar incidents over the years.......Make up a decent story etc, write them the letter and BINGO. Worth the effort and a price of a stamp.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This was mentioned on another thread but I had the same in Worthing only it was my mothers disabled permit that she knocked off of the dash board getting out of the car. I am now fighting this as a MR PIMPONG acting on behalf of the council refused to accept my explanation saying it is the 2nd time that it has happened, what that has to do with it I dont know. I will fight it to the highest possible court.

His answer was that irrespective of the reason I was not displaying the permit in a disabled bay hence the fine is correct, f.....jobsworth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here