Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking near Withdean AND at new stadium

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Hi folks

Long time B&HA fan here, recently moved to the area (family from Sussex but grew up in Kent) and here to stay :D

Anyway, haven't been to a game since the playoff at Cardiff a few years back. Used to go to home boxing day matches at the Goldstone many years ago.

Anyway, I'm due to see some games now I'm in the area but want to know about how to get to both stadiums (I think I need to see one game a the Withdean :D).

As I live out in the villages about half an hour away, I can't really get public transport so will have to drive and park somewhere. Anyone know where I "should" park (for both stadiums), I don't mind up to a mile walk or so, I also don't want nasty parking tickets either!!! Are there match day park & rides? Are things different for evening games? (less/more parking restrictions?).

Thanks peeps.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Mill Road Park and Ride is free, easy and quick to get away from after the game. A bus takes you to and from the stadium. As to parking at Falmer - think it is going to be virtually impossible so I'm planning on trying the Park and Ride, the train and the Mid Sussex Seagulls coach to see what works best for me.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Fast response! :D

Thanks. I see, from the website, that you need to hand "outward travel vouchers" to get into the park and ride? Do you know what these are? Also, to get on the bus, I need a ticket which could be a problem if I need to pick it up on the gate? Anyway, looking on the map, it's doesn't look too far from the stadium, half hour walk if I missed the bus? :D

I'm guessing that the new stadium may have parking at the universities? Or, I guess, park and rides dotted about?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think you are on a wind up, however:

For the Withdean, you just turn up at the Mill Road P&R and they'll let you park, if your ticket hasn't arrived in the post and you need to pick it up at the ground, you just tell them that at the P&R and they'll let you park and you get on the bus, and tell the driver the same.

For Falmer, see above for Withdean, much the same, there will be no parking in the universities or elsewhere, use the P&Rs (there are more than one)

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I think you are on a wind up, however:
Why do you think that? It's a genuine question as I don't know the area. The last time I went to a game was about 20 years ago and I parked near the top end of Hove park.

Superphil said:
For the Withdean, you just turn up at the Mill Road P&R and they'll let you park, if your ticket hasn't arrived in the post and you need to pick it up at the ground, you just tell them that at the P&R and they'll let you park and you get on the bus, and tell the driver the same.

For Falmer, see above for Withdean, much the same, there will be no parking in the universities or elsewhere, use the P&Rs (there are more than one)

Thanks.

I live out in the villages about half an hour away as well. If I drive I use the park & ride. The alternative is to drive to a railway station and use public transport. That's just as easy. It's an absolute nightmare trying to park somewhere "clever", unless you are very early.

The travel vouchers are attached to your ticket.

The only villages that have a direct Saturday bus service to Withdean are:- Mannings Green, Cowfold, Partridge Green, Henfield, Hassocks and Wivelsfield.

There are plans to run lots of village coach services to Falmer, though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I might try parking somewhere in Coldean for the Amex, see how that pans out. I don't mind a half hour walk.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
For Withdean just park in any of the wide side streets off the bottom end of Preston Drove. Or on Preston Drove itself. There's no yellow lines and its outside the exclusion zone.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Thee is also a park and ride bus from Mithras house along lewes road.

There will be a third place for park and ride to the amex, but I'm not sure where from. The club are apparently talking to the universities about using their car parks, but nothing has been agreed yet, so as of now that is a no-no. I imagine coldean and the falmer end of moulsecoomb would be an option (though, I'm not sure either area has a particularly good reputation) there will be a footpath along by falmer school apparently.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Thee is also a park and ride bus from Mithras house along lewes road.

There will be a third place for park and ride to the amex, but I'm not sure where from. The club are apparently talking to the universities about using their car parks, but nothing has been agreed yet, so as of now that is a no-no. I imagine coldean and the falmer end of moulsecoomb would be an option (though, I'm not sure either area has a particularly good reputation) there will be a footpath along by falmer school apparently.

I think the third Park & Ride is rumoured to be at Brighton Racecourse which will be quite handy for anyone coming from the east

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
This was posted on a FAQ sheet for Sussex Uni,..... A: Up to 1,100 parking spaces will be available on the University of Sussex campus. A further 1,000 spaces will be available at Falmer High School, as well as spaces at Brighton racecourse and the University of Brighton (Mithras House).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This was posted on a FAQ sheet for Sussex Uni,..... A: Up to 1,100 parking spaces will be available on the University of Sussex campus. A further 1,000 spaces will be available at Falmer High School, as well as spaces at Brighton racecourse and the University of Brighton (Mithras House).

1000 spaces at Falmer High School? Are they getting rid of the playing field?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Hi folks

Long time B&HA fan here, recently moved to the area (family from Sussex but grew up in Kent) and here to stay :D

Anyway, haven't been to a game since the playoff at Cardiff a few years back. Used to go to home boxing day matches at the Goldstone many years ago.

Thanks peeps.

At best that was one game a year :lol:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I would recommend Coldean Church (St Mary Magdalenes's) if you decide to do that.

Just thought I'd check on Google to see what the distance is - if you select the walk option it sends you on a 9 mile hike including Bear Road, Warren Road and Falmer Road ............. I did think it must be using pavements - but there are no pavements on the Falmer Road above Woodingdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here