Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking etc

The thing that really annoys me about the parking ban around Withdean is that most of the house around the ground have off street parking, garages and even double garages so it's hardly going to effect most residents.
I know we are supposed to use the park and ride and generally I do, but it pisses me off that I have to stand in the rain waiting for an overcrowded bus just so that some footy snob won't have the odd car parked on their road for a couple of hours every other saturday.:angry:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I use the park and eh............................................... 2 minute walk to the stadium but don't tell anyone;)

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
without the parking ban the surrounding roads would be gridlocked for hours before and after the game, technically your not doing anything wrong by parking in the area as its not illegal, you just get a leaflet 'informing' you where the official parking is at withers...

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
You pay your road tax like everyone else so as long as there is no legal restriction i can and WILL park where i want.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Goring Gull said:
You pay your road tax like everyone else so as long as there is no legal restriction i can and WILL park where i want.

Even if it means the club gets fined by the council each game for the increase in traffic around the area as per their agreement to let us play there?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Franks Wild Years said:
The thing that really annoys me about the parking ban around Withdean is that most of the house around the ground have off street parking, garages and even double garages so it's hardly going to effect most residents.
I know we are supposed to use the park and ride and generally I do, but it pisses me off that I have to stand in the rain waiting for an overcrowded bus just so that some footy snob won't have the odd car parked on their road for a couple of hours every other saturday.:angry:

Frank. You can park outside my parents house if you want. Noone ever checks up, and you can say you are friends with P*** B*r*n ;)

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The club can also refuse to sell you tickets.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Franks Wild Years said:

Get there early, park near the ground and go for lunch in the Sportsman. Perfect. :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Re: Parking etc

Franks Wild Years said:
What an unusual name. Does your birth certificate actually have all those stars on it ?

My name by the way is A*?* *a*+*i.

A*?*

I was born in the early stages of the techincal era (1980) so my parents decided to make use of some characters of the keyboard. Difficult to pronounce, but unusal.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Rangdo said:
Even if it means the club gets fined by the council each game for the increase in traffic around the area as per their agreement to let us play there?

Do the council fine the tourist board for blocking up the A23 every summer weekend with day trippers or the shops for bringing the city to gridlock every weekend in december, do they fcuk. They can go bollox as far as i'm concerned.

This just wouldn't happen anywhere else it's an absolute joke, the council should support the club not make life difficult, typical frigging south coast council antics.

Last edited:

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Re: Re: Parking etc

BarrelofFun said:
Frank. You can park outside my parents house if you want. Noone ever checks up, and you can say you are friends with P*** B*r*n ;)

Thanks ill do the same :)

KPTF

Jan 6, 2004
Burgess Hill
Rangdo said:

Exactly how is this monitored and by whom?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Goring Gull said:
the council should support the club
I think you'll find they are by letting the Albion play at Withdean. :shootself

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
ali_jenkins123 said:
without the parking ban the surrounding roads would be gridlocked for hours before and after the game, technically your not doing anything wrong by parking in the area as its not illegal, you just get a leaflet 'informing' you where the official parking is at withers...
That's what the locals would have you believe, in reality it was actually not that difficult to get away from the goldstone, even after a big game. It was a bit more busy for about 30 minutes and that was it.
In the first season at withdean I once arrived in brighton about 10 minutes after kick-off so I decided to park in valley drive, about half way up so as not to take the piss too much. Some bloke actually came out of his house to ask if I was going to football. I told him I was and apologised for parking there, but said that as I was late i'm sure it would be ok just this once. The wanker still asked me to move it so I just rolled it down the hill a couple houses.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Billy the Fish said:
in reality it was actually not that difficult to get away from the goldstone, even after a big game.
There's a slight difference in the width of the roads though. And the amount, and the number of parking spaces available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here