Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking Brighton and Hove Xmas Day (Merged)

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Are they legally allowed to touch your car other than placing the ticket on the windscreen? What about if your car happened to be covered in snow?

If they can't see through the windscreen because of ice/snow, they can't ticket you.

I was told this the other day by one of our dykey bluebottles.

Wankers.

Not sure about double yellows etc though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Er, its not their fault. Its the men at the top to blame who have ordered them to work who, strangely, will be having the day off while their minions tramp the cold streets

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Er, its not their fault. Its the men at the top to blame who have ordered them to work who, strangely, will be having the day off while their minions tramp the cold streets

Veg, I'd bet they don't have to work on Xmas day, they choose to.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Veg, I'd bet they don't have to work on Xmas day, they choose to.

I mean that the footslogging traffic wardens would have been told they are working, can you seriously believe that anyone would choose to work on Christmas Day unless told to ?.. I'm sure their bosses whill be sat around a roaring fire drinking though..

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Nothing will ever convince me that ticketing motorists on Xmas day is nothing more than a money making scheme. Keep the traffic moving my arse......moan moan moan

Jan 30, 2008
why do some of these pricks stroll around in ray bans thinking their part of some para military set up

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unbeliveable! Brighton is one of the worst cities in the WORLD for parking. Can't have one day off! Tight Gits!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Two things

A mate used to be a pound clerk, and always volunteered to do Xmas overtime, as it paid really well, and he lived on his own. I would have thought parking attendants in a similar situation would volunteer, while the family types take it off?

Also, in the not too distant past, there would be a single parking attendant and a tow-away driver on stand-by to tow away any obstructively parked cars, which makes sense, rather than what is proposed now. It's the quietest day of the year, so as long as people's cars aren't causing an obstruction, why the heavy handed approach?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here