Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking at the Amex........ or close by?!!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
For those who will be driving to the Amex, where are you planning on parking?

Must admit personally i hate park and rides waiting for the bus to load before it takes you to your car. Used it at withdean and hated it with a passion. I personally would rather walk a long distance to my car parked outside of the zones and go from there. I used to park at withdean at either the long man of wilmington in carden ave or the top of valley drive at withdean.

So at the Amex, im thinking either Stanmer Park, Coldean Lane, or somewhere in Moulscoombe close to Falmer school may be possibility's at the Amex.

Thoughts?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Bexhill Road at the end of Woodingdean has long stretches of road with no houses so ample parking there.
Just 15 mins walk up the road.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Bexhill Road at the end of Woodingdean has long stretches of road with no houses so ample parking there.
Just 15 mins walk up the road.

53 minutes (2.4 miles) according to route planners if you plan on walking that!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
53 minutes (2.4 miles) according to route planners if you plan on walking that!

Err think i'll give that one a miss lol! Was thinking of somewhere less than a 30 min walk!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You may need to get public transport as there really is very limited parking at the ground.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
should imagine Moulscoombe around falmer school then cut though the university

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
The stadium planning consent specifies a minimum of 2,000 spaces.

But aren't a lot of them going with 1901/hospitality etc
I was told the other day that Gully's girls have been told that they may not be able to park at the ground

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The stadium planning consent specifies a minimum of 2,000 spaces.

And all bagged by 1901, Wags etc - riff-raff need to use public transport or park and rides

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I'm also going to be looking for somewhere to park. I don't do park-and-ride. Don't like waiting around. Would also prefer a walk. At Withdean I parked on Eldred Avenue (not really permitted, I know, but was not hassled) and looking for somewhere to park near Falmer. Going to take a trip down there and suss out the options. Moulsecombe or Coldean?

But aren't a lot of them going with 1901/hospitality etc
I was told the other day that Gully's girls have been told that they may not be able to park at the ground

Some of the 1901 packages come with parking, but not all - eg the 400 or so located in the East Stand.
The original stadium application calculated that the car parking spaces available at the stadium would cater for 6,000-7,000 attendees (ie with an average of 3/4 passengers per car).
Assuming 2,200 1901 members with parking = approx 750 spaces taken @ x3 per car, leaving 1,250 remaining.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
And all bagged by 1901, Wags etc - riff-raff need to use public transport or park and rides

That's not true. Only the West Stand 1901 seats come with parking entitlement and even then it's 1 space per 4 Gold 1901 seats and 1 space per 2 Platinum seats. So this means only approx 700 - 800 will taken up.

That leaves a fair few left over, but they can only be pre-booked and it's not been announced how much they will cost. The club will want to make sure they achieve a high vehicle occupancy rate so don't expect them to be cheap and my guess is that they may only be made available to groups of 4 season ticket holders.

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
Maybe in looking at car parking allocations coaches and mini-buses need to be considered. There looks to be a lot of these coming in with pick ups from all over Sussex and Brighton area plus away fans transport along with the park and ride buses, which will take up most of the allocation of on site parking?

Maybe in looking at car parking allocations coaches and mini-buses need to be considered. There looks to be a lot of these coming in with pick ups from all over Sussex and Brighton area plus away fans transport along with the park and ride buses, which will take up most of the allocation of on site parking?

There's a on-site coach/bus park for up to 60.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate

The coach park is separate to all the car parks and has capacity to accommodate approx. 60 coaches. Most of the car parking will be on the Sussex Uni campus and I doubt that any coaches will be able to park there.

That's not true. Only the West Stand 1901 seats come with parking entitlement and even then it's 1 space per 4 Gold 1901 seats and 1 space per 2 Platinum seats. So this means only approx 700 - 800 will taken up.

That leaves a fair few left over, but they can only be pre-booked and it's not been announced how much they will cost. The club will want to make sure they achieve a high vehicle occupancy rate so don't expect them to be cheap and my guess is that they may only be made available to groups of 4 season ticket holders.

The club has not announced anything whatsoever about on-site parking arrangements. In fact, this option was curiously absent from the travel intentions "survey" that potential STH's were asked to complete at the Amex presentations.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I know a couple of people who thinking of parking somewhere along lewes road then jumping on either B&H bus or the big Lemon. But to me thats no different from park and ride except the bus wont sit there waiting to be at full capacity.

I know a couple of people who thinking of parking somewhere along lewes road then jumping on either B&H bus or the big Lemon. But to me thats no different from park and ride except the bus wont sit there waiting to be at full capacity.

You can get an all day ticket on the Big Lemon for £2.50. They run from town to Falmer Station.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here