Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Park and Ride- away fans

The Red Baron

Jul 30, 2011
Donny fan in peace. I have been told by a fellow Rover, who rang up the B&HA customer service number, that the Park & Ride is NOT available to away fans. Can anyone confirm if this is true please?

If it is available, I'd be very interested to know how to purchase one-off vouchers. The latest update on the Albion Official Site says details of this are still to be confirmed.

Many thanks!

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
We are still waiting for confirmation on how to purchase one-off vouchers. Its a strange way to go after you've gone to the trouble of securing a ticket to have to scrabble around trying to contact the club again to buy a voucher. Not really fair on away supporters too who will have no choice but to pay the £2.00 booking fee. Seems crazy to me. Maybe this will be reviewed in time

thoreveraviking

Jul 29, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire
Your Customer Services Dept. has advised our supporters to contact the DRFC Customer Services wtf is going on ?
First we get dicked on the tickets now there appears to be a total disregard for away customers making 10-12 hour round trips to your ground.
Jeez I thought our club was a farce. :rant:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Your Customer Services Dept. has advised our supporters to contact the DRFC Customer Services wtf is going on ?
First we get dicked on the tickets now there appears to be a total disregard for away customers making 10-12 hour round trips to your ground.

Amazing-not pointing blame as it may not be the fault of your club,but on your official site-we do not appear on your travel guide.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think the club are expecting you all to come by train.
???

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
All non season ticket holders are in the same boat. Waiting for news on one-off vouchers. Trying to be patient but just beginning to get irritated now. A decision needs to be made. Two simple solutions spring to mind. Include the travel voucher in the price of the ticket and print it with the ticket or let people pay cash on the bus, simples

thoreveraviking

Jul 29, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire
Or coaches.

Now why would they think that , many are staying for the weekend (perhaps something to do with sun and seaside?), quite a few live within 75 miles of you . We have a large Southern exile following , was your club expecting those that lived in the South to travel up to Doncaster , catch a coach and get dropped off on the way back ?
Are they for real, currently there are probably only 9/10 coaches coming down with some on 'standby' awaiting the allocation of more tickets.
We took some 1800 to Pompey last season , there was no historical meaning to the game. Does that now put thatn into context for you ?
Our supporters have always travelled in numbers.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
If I was an away fan and had received no travel advice, I'd just park in one of the nearby residential areas, which I believe the club are trying to avoid happening,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Now why would they think that , many are staying for the weekend (perhaps something to do with sun and seaside?), quite a few live within 75 miles of you . We have a large Southern exile following , was your club expecting those that lived in the South to travel up to Doncaster , catch a coach and get dropped off on the way back ?
Are they for real, currently there are probably only 9/10 coaches coming down with some on 'standby' awaiting the allocation of more tickets.
We took some 1800 to Pompey last season , there was no historical meaning to the game. Does that now put thatn into context for you ?
Our supporters have always travelled in numbers.

I know that and you know that. The club have built a huge coach park and are assuming that by telling away fans that they can't use the P&R that away fans will use the train or coach.

The recent planning application by the Club for the new park & ride site at Brighton Racecourse included an estimate by the Club that 100 per cent of away fans would arrive by coach.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I find it astounding and embassassing that the club is leaving this sort of thing to the last moment, surley the sensible option is to let away fans use the P&R for nothing just showing their ticket, as a proportion there cannot be that many donnie fans coming by car.

Whatever happens RELEASE THE INFORMATION.

We desparatley need a competant PR team as well.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
i went to buy my travel voucher book at the stadium today. i rang my donny mate and asked if hed had any info re travel as i thought hed assume he could use park n ride at mill road as before. i went back to ticket office and asked if i could buy 2 vouchers for donny fans, the chap wasnt sure and had to ring higher authority - and was told yes, but tell them not to fight!! so, im sending him 2 vouchers. bloody useless though if i hadnt been on the ball today.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
i went to buy my travel voucher book at the stadium today. i rang my donny mate and asked if hed had any info re travel as i thought hed assume he could use park n ride at mill road as before. i went back to ticket office and asked if i could buy 2 vouchers for donny fans, the chap wasnt sure and had to ring higher authority - and was told yes, but tell them not to fight!! so, im sending him 2 vouchers. bloody useless though if i hadnt been on the ball today.

Are you saying we can now buy one-off vouchers? Why haven't the club announced this and how much is each voucher. Are your two Donny fans liable to fight with each other

Jan 30, 2008
you said it , who are Doncaster anyway ???

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Very poor for away supporters.

There are also still no signs on either the A23 or A27 to either the stadium, the P+R, or any designated car parks.

Needs sorting.

Jan 30, 2008
If I was an away fan and had received no travel advice, I'd just park in one of the nearby residential areas, which I believe the club are trying to avoid happening,
some people have to be instructed like little children i'm afraid . don't take a lot to work things out these days, is it me , our folk up north are sounding a bit dim :smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here