Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paper travel vouchers - query

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hi.
With the new levy on each s/t for travel, have the travel voucher booklets been abandoned?

So that we can just hop on all park n ride buses e.g. 'H' and 'S' without a voucher?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you will need to show your ST or match day ticket if asked.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Bit worrying there are so many questions about travel arrangements for tonight. It seems most haven't seen or understood the info being out out by the club. Could be an interesting evening getting to and from the game.

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
Bit worrying there are so many questions about travel arrangements for tonight. It seems most haven't seen or understood the info being out out by the club. Could be an interesting evening getting to and from the game.

Got on a bus in Portslade this morning and bought a single. I asked the driver what time the free travel with season tickets started. His reply "The what? I don't know anything about that...".

WHAT FUN!!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Got on a bus in Portslade this morning and bought a single. I asked the driver what time the free travel with season tickets started. His reply "The what? I don't know anything about that...".

WHAT FUN!!

Though if he only works morning shifts then why would he need to know? Unlikely I know but sure it will sort its self out in time for Saturday.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Instead of starting a new thread dpes anyone know how many extra trains will be running tonight before and after the game?

After the game there is one approx every 10 minutes going into Brighton from 9.35 till about 11 (and then less volume till 12.27). Before the game coming from Brighton it looks like one every 10-15 minutes, certainly more trains than on a normal day.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
After the game there is one approx every 10 minutes going into Brighton from 9.35 till about 11 (and then less volume till 12.27). Before the game coming from Brighton it looks like one every 10-15 minutes, certainly more trains than on a normal day.

Do you know if there are any extra trains after the game heading towards Eastbourne? Looking at the train times on southern trains website they look the same.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Do you know if there are any extra trains after the game heading towards Eastbourne? Looking at the train times on southern trains website they look the same.

Looks like roughly every 10 to 20 minutes going by National Rail's website, but you may have to change at Lewes.

So no change compared to last season...

This will be fun :facepalm:

I'm not sure they can run much more capacity on that line. I think [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] works for the trains so he may know more about it, but I believe someone's said they can't put much more than that on without the club paying for significant work to be done.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Sure it'll be fine - yes, he may well only work in the morning.

I've no idea what shift pattern Brighton Buses work to, but I would suspect its unlikely there would be morning only shifts? Even if there was, all drivers would get notices (or should do) of operational changes or special working arrangements. Even if that driver does only work mornings, he should be aware of it as he would surely be affected if working a Saturday Morning?

After all these years of the travel voucher scheme, the drivers really have no excuse to be unaware of it. Even if there has been new drivers in recent times, surely being made aware of the voucher scheme would be included in the training?

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
I've no idea what shift pattern Brighton Buses work to, but I would suspect its unlikely there would be morning only shifts? Even if there was, all drivers would get notices (or should do) of operational changes or special working arrangements. Even if that driver does only work mornings, he should be aware of it as he would surely be affected if working a Saturday Morning?

After all these years of the travel voucher scheme, the drivers really have no excuse to be unaware of it. Even if there has been new drivers in recent times, surely being made aware of the voucher scheme would be included in the training?

You'd think...

It's bordering on the unbelievable that they can't let every driver know. You wonder what goes on with that bus company somtimes.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Were the platforms meant to be increased to ???

Not the length, but the width to allow safer waiting, and an extra gate.

Regarding the buses, it may be a case of "in one ear, out the other" - a bit like some people here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here