Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palarse V Brighton and Hove Plymouth

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Should the worst happen to Plymouth then I thought the teams yet to play them are awarded a 3-0 win or something, rather than anyone getting any points deducted

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Should the worst happen to Plymouth then I thought the teams yet to play them are awarded a 3-0 win or something, rather than anyone getting any points deducted

Doubtful. I could imagine the clubs who have lost against them wouldn't be too happy, especially if it played havoc with play off positions or relegation places. Has there been a precedent to this happening before I wonder?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Let's just hope they survive... mainly for them, but also for us...

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

1962. Accrington Stanley folded. Games against them became null and void, so for point scoring purposes each team had 44 matches instead of 46.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
True. But whatever happens is going to be unfair to some teams, there's no equal way of deciding it. Imagine of we had a player sent off or injured in game that becomes void and worthless. Be interesting to know Gus' thoughts on it all, I'm sure he'd have some strong feelings after the Hartlepool fiasco last year!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Let's just hope they survive... mainly for them, but also for us...

I think we have enough to stay top, but a club like Plymouth NEEDS to keep afloat.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Good lord, they are so bitter! even with the 'modified' table they have edited, we still look in good shape. bless em
exactly , I mean the Brighton fan made a good point there but the Pikeys still shot him down

f**king twats the lot of them , should've gone bust themselves

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
"Having beaten them twice this season Brighton stand to lose 6 points should they go out of business whereas sides like Southampton would lose nothing."

Why are the deluded Palace fans taking TWO games off for Southampton AND Peterborough? They've only played Plymouth once!
Huddersfield would lose 3 points, Bournemouth 6 points, Peterborough & Southampton 3/0 respectively points (only having played them once).

So worst case scenario, we lose 3 points on our rivals. Essentially the points we made up on Tuesday. No big deal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They're not very bright are they? Even if the points were deducted we would still be 3 points clear with 2 games in hand.
Obviously still hoping that Plymouth survive, the same as I would for any club that's struggling.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
True. But whatever happens is going to be unfair to some teams, there's no equal way of deciding it.

this. its quite a comical idea, another club proping up one about to go under, but when you think about it, it might make a little bit of sence... not sure how you'd do it. loan?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here