Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace to sign 2 attacking signings by 12... apparently (merged)

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Yep. Because tricky, quick winger with little end product Bolasie, is in NO WAY coming in as an eventual replacement for tricky, quick winger with no end product Zaha. NO WAY.

He may well be? If we are lucky we'll have Zaha until the end of the season. No Palace fan believes we could possibly keep him beyond that. We love to sing about how he's "just too good for you", but he has been too good for us for a while now too. In 12 months time he'll be at a top Premiership club.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Smacks of panic buying.

We have been after Bolasie and Blake for quite some time now. Also, Moritz hardly fits the bill of a panic buy, does he?

"Quick, quick, we need a left footed winger. Who should we buy? I know, let's scour the Turkish League"

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Bolasie is, according to Wikipedia (yes, I know) Kazenga LuaLua's cousin.

So not only is he not even the best winger at Palace, but he's only the third best footballer in his own family :lolol:

He's a palace player he is probably related to plenty of people

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
He may well be? If we are lucky we'll have Zaha until the end of the season. No Palace fan believes we could possibly keep him beyond that. We love to sing about how he's "just too good for you", but he has been too good for us for a while now too. In 12 months time he'll be at a top Premiership club.

Top premiership club??!!

What like clyne?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep. Because tricky, quick winger with little end product Bolasie, is in NO WAY coming in as an eventual replacement for tricky, quick winger with no end product Zaha. NO WAY.
To be fair to Zaha, he does win more than his share of penalties. That's basically his objective, he's good at it, and it works. With 4 or 5 coming in, Palace fans must be concerned about the possibility of Zaha leaving.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
We signed a couple of argies who had cracking YouTube videos of some wonder goals, had won plaudits from club and national press.......

One is playing for Dover now. The other is nowhere to be found:

Agustín Battipiedi (born 1 September 1989) is an Argentinean professional footballer. Battipiedi is a midfielder and is currently contracted to English Conference South club Dover Athletic. CLUB COMUNICACIONES (Argentina's league one): CLUB COMUNICACIONES YOUTH TEAM: 2008. PERSONAL AWARDS WHILST AT CLUB COMUNICACIONES: -2010: Best young player of the year 2010, given by the most important newspaper in Argentina, called CLARIN -2008: Best player of the youth league, given by the ARGENTINIAN FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION (AFA)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We have been after Bolasie and Blake for quite some time now. Also, Moritz hardly fits the bill of a panic buy, does he?

"Quick, quick, we need a left footed winger. Who should we buy? I know, let's scour the Turkish League"

I don't know, sounds like after he was told no from Monkey Tennis League 3 outfit Galsgow Rangers, he went and said hi to the dour dougie who got him to kick the ball around the training ground for 5 minutes and he managed to complete that withought falling over his shoe laces.

Maybe dour doug used the latest technology and watched a DVD?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

"I know, let's sign some nobody who has no club"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Like Clyne's at a top 4 side now?

And like you said, Jedinak is "alright". At this level, that's what he is. Nothing more, nothing less.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
"I know, let's sign some nobody who has no club"

The reason he has no club is because he turned down a new contract in Turkey. He also turned down Rangers, he wasn't rejected, he said that he didn't want to play in a closed door friendly for them.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The reason he has no club is because he turned down a new contract in Turkey. He also turned down Rangers, he wasn't rejected, he said that he didn't want to play in a closed door friendly for them.

So, Rangers wanted to see him perform before signing him, and he baulked at this and you think that's good?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
why are so many of our fans obsessed with palace its so sad

This. Good luck to them and their new recruits...

Me? I couldn't care less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here