Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace to sign 2 attacking signings by 12... apparently (merged)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I would piss myself with excitement if the club tweeted about 2 attacking signings TBH. You can rely on our clubs tweets though!

:laugh:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It really is though isn't it. No blue and white specs or anti Palace thing.. IT's REALLY bad! REALLY bad :lol:

Am I missing something?

They are signing two players it's taking a little bit longer than they expected. Not really sure what is embarrassing about that?

Now if they didn't sign at all that would be a different matter.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Or perhaps the players have turned up at the training ground, taken one look around and said "seriously, are you kidding us?" and decided to sign for Brentford instead.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So they've signed a Cardiff player who has issues with booze, an injured winger from Barnsley and Yannick Bolasie?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Am I missing something?

They are signing two players it's taking a little bit longer than they expected. Not really sure what is embarrassing about that?

Yep you sure are missing somethnig - the point.

I'm reffering to the fact that a) Their chairman is on twitter b) He openly chats to fans about things and leaves himself open to abuse / awkward questions etc c) Have you seen how unprofessional his tweets are - and tinpot.

If that were Bloom i'd be embarrased...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's a dangerous strategy to pre announce signings, because invariably people guess at signings way better than they are. Guaranteed to be a disapppointment. Especially as they don't have a pot to piss in.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Am I missing something?

I think the fact that the owner/boss/chairman personally made fans aware that the deals would be happening by 12pm, as opposed to someone ITK, or on a transfer site, or other source. He, of all people, should know what's going on, so it's probably a bit silly to put something like that in the public domain without being 100% certain.

It smacks of unprofessionalism, to me, and risks alienating fans, or giving them reason to have less confidence in the board.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
so does anyone actually know who they HAVE signed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here